Main menu VERY slow!
Hi!

I've been successfully using XBMC on my Mac Mini for the last year or so. Decided to update it the other day. Downloaded and installed Eden version.
The problem I ran into straight away is a VERY slow main menu. It takes about 10 seconds to react to a remote button pressed. Funny enough once I get into one of the sub-menus (like Settings) it's fast again. So only the main menu is very slow.
I searched some topics here and it seems to be a problem with the skin. For the testing purposes I changed the default Confluence to Alaska, now main menu is fast again.
Is there any way to make the Confluence skin work fast too? I very much prefer it to any other...
This is abnormal behavior for XBMC. We'd need to see a debug log (wiki) to understand what might be wrong here.
Might be the news feed in the confluence skins main menu. Try to deactivate the RSS feed in confluence and see if this fixes it.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Tried disabling the RSS, no result, still very slow
I've enabled the log just now. The debug text on top appeared. It reports that CP0 and CPU1 are 0% used but (CPU-XBMC) reports something like 95%
I've uploaded the log here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24338
Seems like it constantly tries to update the database or smth. Don't really know what that means...
Seems the database file from the older XBMC copy is either corrupted or is too old for XBMC v11 to read. I would go back to your previous version of XBMC (v10? should still be on http://mirrors.xbmc.org ) and export the library using Settings -> Videos -> Library -> export library, as single file

Then install XBMC v11 again. Before opening XBMC, go to your userdata (wiki) folder and move it to another location, like your desktop or something. This will allow XBMC to create a fresh set of settings.

Once in XBMC v11, go to Settings -> Videos -> Library -> import library

Navigate to the folder that was made before and open it. You won't actually see a file there, but just press "Okay" and then XBMC should import your library again.

This should resolve the issue with updating the library. If you have any special settings, like a custom keyboard.xml file, you should be able to move it over to the new userdata folder (depending on how old it is. If it's from v10 then most of the files like that should be safe to copy over).
Hi Ned, you're legend, all flying now. Thanks heaps!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Main menu VERY slow!0