Req Update Recorded TV Page Automatically
I follow 4-5 forums tied to XBMC PVR development (i.e. MediaPortal, NextPVR, Argus-TV, etc...) and one of the most asked questions is... "Why don't my new recordings show up?" or "Why can't I see recordings in progress?"

The answer is you can, if you refresh the data by clicking the "Recordings" label in the side menu bar. Most don't know this or understand why it works this way. Most users of other Media Center software simply have to click the Recorded TV button or go to the Recorded TV page and their recordings just "show up."

I would like to propose a change to "fix" this situation. It would be nice if there were a toggle in the "Live TV" settings to allow automatic updating of the Recordings page. If toggled "On" it would automatically update your recordings whenever you open the Recorded TV page or click the Recorded TV button. If toggled "Off" it would work as is and only update recordings if you click the Recordings label in the side menu bar.

I think this would save a lot of confusion and also make using Recorded TV intuitive.
XBMC PVR Addon Unofficial Builds for Frodo Nightly Builds.
http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/xbmc
(2012-12-27, 16:33)wileecoyote Wrote: I follow 4-5 forums tied to XBMC PVR development (i.e. MediaPortal, NextPVR, Argus-TV, etc...) and one of the most asked questions is... "Why don't my new recordings show up?" or "Why can't I see recordings in progress?"

The answer is you can, if you refresh the data by clicking the "Recordings" label in the side menu bar. Most don't know this or understand why it works this way. Most users of other Media Center software simply have to click the Recorded TV button or go to the Recorded TV page and their recordings just "show up."

I would like to propose a change to "fix" this situation. It would be nice if there were a toggle in the "Live TV" settings to allow automatic updating of the Recordings page. If toggled "On" it would automatically update your recordings whenever you open the Recorded TV page or click the Recorded TV button. If toggled "Off" it would work as is and only update recordings if you click the Recordings label in the side menu bar.

I think this would save a lot of confusion and also make using Recorded TV intuitive.

I don't think that this is really necessary - the addon can trigger recording updates if something changes and then XBMC will show up new recordings. Of course this needs to be implemented in the PVR addon, but this is quite trivial.
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
(2012-12-27, 18:47)jdembski Wrote: I don't think that this is really necessary - the addon can trigger recording updates if something changes and then XBMC will show up new recordings. Of course this needs to be implemented in the PVR addon, but this is quite trivial.

That was just a proposed method... It doesn't really matter how it happens, as long as it happens.

I just wanted to get a thread started so we can address the concern.
XBMC PVR Addon Unofficial Builds for Frodo Nightly Builds.
http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/xbmc
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145378
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
This isn't a concern for tvheadend users as this is already implemented.

As soon as a recording is set/starts/finishes/stopped etc from front or backend, you get a message on screen, and said file is available in the recordings list.

I would suggest posting into the individual backend forums, and it may be picked up.
This feature is already implemented, atleast for the MythTV addon.

The addon is suppose to trigger a recordings update when the recordings list changes
whatever add-on you're using didn't implement it (correctly). has been implemented for years
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2013-01-07, 21:09)dushmaniac Wrote: whatever add-on you're using didn't implement it (correctly). has been implemented for years

I'm using Openelec v3 RC1 and the included Argus/FTR plugin.

My recordings refresh behaviour is the same as above - I have to manually "refresh" the recordings screen, it does not automatically refresh itself.
that's a problem of the add-on that you're using. it must inform us that the recordings list changed by calling TriggerRecordingsUpdate()
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Recorded TV Page Automatically0