Green sometimes purple tint when video loaded
Hi Guys,

I just updated my video card to Nvidia gtx 560 (Gigabyte), and before i was using the integrated HD graphics built into the i3 processor. Now after the upgrade, everytime i enter 1chanel or navi-x and play a video 9/10 its going to load a pinkish or sometimes greenish tint over the video, Upon exiting the video the XBMC interface and even the desktop interface gets affected by this tint problem. The only annoying little solution i have found is that i turn off my reciever (Pioneer) which is hooked up to my projector, and turn it on again, and that fixes the problem, until i load another video it will return again, so i have to pause the video and turn of my projector (which is done my turning off my reciever sinces the projector is hooked into the reciever) and turn it on again and that fixes the colour issue.

I am using the MINI hdmi to HDMI adapter video my video card (im going to purchase direct wires maybe that might fix it).

As of now i am stumped as to what could be the problem. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you!
The data flowing through the HDMI cable is 'digital' so you get the signal or you don't, not much chance to introduce RF harmonics or variables, then it becomes a hunt for the offender, either the gfx card, receiver, or projector.... I suggest a trial direct to projector from gfx card, if it works then culprit is the receiver.. if you get the same kind of stuff.... it's between the gfx and proj, my money is on the proj at this point. Make sure your connections are solid...
Thx Pat. I doubt its reciever or projector since this happened after installinf th3e gfx. On using integrated vid card doesnt give this problem. Il seek help for gfx then. Thanks for narrowing it dowm for me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green sometimes purple tint when video loaded0