Aeon Nox crashing with " ERROR: LoadLibrary 'DBGHELP.DLL' failed with error id 8"

I've done a bunch of searching and there seems to be a lot of these threads dating back to early Eden releases. I don't see any solutions though. Basically if I minimise xbmc, it will crash after 5 or 10 minutes, consistently. If I switch to confluence, no crash. Having Aeon Nox lets it crash consistently. This seems to only be an issue with Frodo and Aeon Nox 4.x

Ive tried nightly builds, Beta, RC1 and 2. All do the same thing.

Quote:20:52:35 T:3248 NOTICE: Starting XBMC (12.0-RC1 Git:20121210-baaa51c), Platform: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, build 7601. Built on Dec 10 2012 (compiler 1600)
20:52:35 T:3248 NOTICE: Intel® Core™ i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
20:52:35 T:3248 NOTICE: Desktop Resolution: 1366x768 32Bit at 60Hz
20:52:35 T:3248 NOTICE: Running with restricted rights
20:52:35 T:3248 NOTICE: Aero is enabled

The lines in the debug log are:

Quote:20:58:02 T:3248 ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()
20:58:02 T:3248 ERROR: Previous line repeats 10 times.
20:58:02 T:3248 ERROR: CApplication::FrameMove(), too many exceptions
20:58:02 T:3248 ERROR: LoadLibrary 'DBGHELP.DLL' failed with error id 8

The entire debug log fresh from Launch to crash is here: http://pastebin.com/4Db65DQr

It's not very long.
never experienced or heard that. and most probably not something we can fix, sorry. tried in other subforums?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
JCole, could you test with the latest available nightly:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/
and let us know if you still get those crashes?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I will give it a shot. After re-reading my post, I was a bit unclear. Lots of Eden posts from early 2012 regarding this error, but they may or may not be running Aeon Nox.

I specifically only started having this issue when I moved to Frodo, and started running Aeon Nox 4.x on it.

I'll try the newest nightly and see what happens. This may be all for nothing trying to solve it though as I am moving from an overpowered laptop to a Zotac AD12 pretty soon, which runs xbmc and Nox perfectly fine.
Any luck solving this? I am having the same problem. I read somewhere it had to do with memory leak. any solutions?
(2013-01-01, 14:21)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Any luck solving this? I am having the same problem. I read somewhere it had to do with memory leak. any solutions?

as suggested above, try the latest available nightly build and let us know if it fixes the issue.

cheers,
ronie
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Update: So I installed the newest nightly as of Jan 02/2013. Installed Nox and let it idle in the background. No crashes yet. However, I installed Nox by choosing the "Install from zip" option, previously I unzipped myself into the skins directory. I don't know if this had an affect.

I havent scanned libraries yet, I will give that a shot and mess with the configuration and see if I can get it to crash again.

Question, Which scripts and addons do I need to install to get Nox 4 to work properly. I read a post saying there were a couple scripts I needed to manually download.

(2013-01-01, 14:21)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Any luck solving this? I am having the same problem. I read somewhere it had to do with memory leak. any solutions?

Install by zip is preferred since you'll get all scripts at the same time
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-23, 10:39)shaktoo Wrote: I guess I have solved this puzzle ! As Wiso duly pointed out the error id meant not enough memory... I checked for memory leak issuess and sure enough there has been similar episodes accounted as memory leaks..I opened the task manager.. noticing the memory.. sure enough xbmc was lapping up memory ... so what i did was disable the background animations and panel effects and Voila more then 12 hours in minimised state and no crash/ error .. xbmc is still eating lot of memory in background but has not crashed...
so everyone having this issue just check if you have panel & background animations enabled and whether that is the cause of memory leaks causing this.
this is from my thread of similar nature here
http://forum.xbmc.org/newreply.php?tid=1...id=1084245
so disabling background animations etc did the trick for me , havent tried it with frodo nightlies though .
Ok, I can confirm that turning on the background "smoke" effect in Nox is what "causes" the crash. I used the latest nightly mentioned above, installed Nox via .zip file, Ran a scan of the media, turned on the background animation, let it idle in the background and bam, crashed. Tried it a few more times with repeated crashes.

Turned off the background animation and I let it idle for the last 6 hours with no issue.

I put "causes" in quotations because I don't know if this is a Nox issue or an XBMC issue. However, when background animation is turned on, it certainly crashes.

Let me know if I can provide anymore troubleshooting.

P.S. If background animation is on, and xbmc is in the foreground such as watching a movie, it will not crash.
(2013-01-04, 07:43)JCole Wrote: Ok, I can confirm that turning on the background "smoke" effect in Nox is what "causes" the crash. I used the latest nightly mentioned above, installed Nox via .zip file, Ran a scan of the media, turned on the background animation, let it idle in the background and bam, crashed. Tried it a few more times with repeated crashes.

Turned off the background animation and I let it idle for the last 6 hours with no issue.

I put "causes" in quotations because I don't know if this is a Nox issue or an XBMC issue. However, when background animation is turned on, it certainly crashes.

Let me know if I can provide anymore troubleshooting.

P.S. If background animation is on, and xbmc is in the foreground such as watching a movie, it will not crash.

thanx for testing and figuring out a way to reproduce it.
could you provide a deuglog of the crash as well?
Hello,

The first post in the thread has a paste bin of the debug log until the crash. That was made using the forum instructions for pasting debug logs. Is there a way to get more details ?

(2013-01-05, 04:25)JCole Wrote: Hello,

The first post in the thread has a paste bin of the debug log until the crash. That was made using the forum instructions for pasting debug logs. Is there a way to get more details ?

nope sorry, my bad.
short term memory problem ;-)
(2013-01-05, 04:25)JCole Wrote: Hello,

btw, please create a ticket on trac.

i'm not able to repro this myself.
maybe one of the xbmc devs can have a look at it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox crashing with " ERROR: LoadLibrary 'DBGHELP.DLL' failed with error id 8"0