first install.which one?
hello, im going to install for the very first time.

which build should i go? dharma, eden, frodo etc?
Definitely not Dharma.
Atlantis and Babylon are my favourite releases. i recommend them^^
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I'd just stick with Eden as it's the current STABLE release, best for end users.
Eden, unless some of the new features of Frodo are "must haves" for you (Audioengine is pretty damn nice if you dont have a DTS HD capable receiver).
Frodo is pretty damned stable - I would recommend that unless there's a specific issue that prevents you from using it. It will be the STABLE release in the near future.

Unless you have a particular reason otherwise, I'd also recommend using OpenELEC for a first install (on a USB drive or SD card). In most cases it "just works".
(2012-12-29, 22:12)magao Wrote: Frodo is pretty damned stable - I would recommend that unless there's a specific issue that prevents you from using it. It will be the STABLE release in the near future.

Unless you have a particular reason otherwise, I'd also recommend using OpenELEC for a first install (on a USB drive or SD card). In most cases it "just works".

I am in the same boat as the OP. The 'Pretty Damn Stable' tag from a senior user is good enough for me. 2:19PM here and all day with nothing to do but tinker. Love it.
(2012-12-29, 04:35)coffeeman Wrote: hello, im going to install for the very first time.

which build should i go? dharma, eden, frodo etc?

@coffeeman which version did you choose - and how did it go??
If you install frodo skip to latest nightly versions please
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-12-30, 05:25)Martijn Wrote: If you install frodo skip to latest nightly versions please

I didn't, but still playing around with XBMC.MyLibrary Plugin anyway!! Will upgrade to latest nightly .....

Thanks for the follow up! Happy New Year from Melbourne Australia!!!!
(2012-12-31, 15:25)Danioj Wrote: Thanks for the follow up! Happy New Year from Melbourne Australia!!!!

thx.

darn, already newyear there? Better start drinking here already Tongue

Quote:No matter were you are on the planet, it's always newyear some where Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I have Eden on my current HTPC set-up that I assembled last weekend, in frustration of my laptop not playing nice with 1080p. A system I threw together. The laptop it replaced also had Eden on it, since Eden was the latest stable release when I came upon XBMC. I like Eden, easy to set-up and find things, also what I'm used to.

I have Frodo on my PC to play with, and it seems decent, just some things are accessed differently than Eden, which takes a little longer than for someone that is used to Eden.

If I was a first time installed, I think I would go with Frodo, might as well go with the newest build, since it will be supported longer than an older build will be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
first install.which one?0