Default audio output?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
aur0n Offline
Hello there.
I recently updated to Frodo, and I came up with a problem.

When I watch something on XBMC, I usually change my output audio device with my remote control (setting to PC speakers / TV speakers / wireless headset, depending on my needs). With Eden, XBMC audio output was set as the Windows default output, I didn't have to change anything.

Now, with Frodo, I don't have anymore this possibility. If I change Windows audio output to my PC speakers, I have to replicate this in XBMC, going to Settings > System > Audio output. Is there any chance to go back to the original form?

Thank you.
find quote
jjd-uk Offline
Team-Kodi Member
The workaround is to have multiple profiles for the different audio outputs.

So you''d need 3 profiles with different audio settings for:

PC Speakers
TV Speakers
Wireless Headset

You can map the profile switching to a button on the remote so it can be done easily.
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-Kodi Wiki Guy
IIRC, Mac OS X also lost this ability (using an OS default). Not sure if it's gone for good or if it's something that might come back later (either in a bug fix release or in v13). I'll poke around about this and see if anyone knows.

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote
aur0n Offline
Any news about this?

It's a pretty annoying step backward...
find quote
aur0n Offline
Any solution?
find quote