ITV Player addon missing shows
Hi,

I saw this mentioned in another old thread but thought it would be best to start a fresh one for this issue.

I noticed that not all show on the ITV player siite are available via the XBMC plugin.

The show I was looking for was "Panto" it is available via the ITV player site but not on the plugin within XBMC.

I have taken a look at the XML feed from ITV and my guess is that it is due to the ProgrammeMediaId XML field. there are a number of shows that have it set to -1, and these are the ones that do not show up.

ie
<ProgrammeMediaId>-1</ProgrammeMediaId>

hope this helps to find out why some shows aren’t displayed.

Kevin
Hi,

I was close with my first guess as to why the shows were not showing up. It was in fact because the XML feed did not have ProgrammeMediaUrl data that is needed to build the list of shows.

What I believe was happening was that the XML file had the tag <ProgrammeMediaUrl />( an empty tag) and the regex compile was looking for
<ProgrammeMediaUrl>THUMBNAIL</ProgrammeMediaUrl>.

I have got it working by doing a string replacement on the XML to set a default thumbnail when one does not exist.
in the default.py script in the SHOWS(url) subroutine I used

code=code.replace('<ProgrammeMediaUrl />','<ProgrammeMediaUrl>DefaultVideo.png</ProgrammeMediaUrl>')

immediately before the "match=re.compile" line.

Kevin
Could this be put into an update please ?
I'll add this to the next release.

I'm also thinking of re-working to display by channel name as the current layout is very confusing.

D
layout i feel is ok, but improvement always nice Smile
Any progress on update dlake02, thanks.
No - sorry; I'm travelling on business right now, and it makes it difficult to find time to fix anything.

Hopefully within the next 3 to 4 weeks....
Hi has anyone on an android device been able to view videos on the ITV Player plugin? On my devices, it tries to load videos saying "Loading Stream info" and then just stops. It never plays any of the videos but on my windows PC and version 1.0.9 of the ITV plugin, the videos tend to play. Could anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong on the android side? Thanks
By the way I'm on Galaxy Nexus and Acer A500 running stock versions of jellybean and ICS respectively. And Frodo RC2 on both devices. I've never been able to get the plugin to work on both devices even on older versions of xbmc

Hi. Many thanks for the fix. Before I apply it and upload it to the ATV, can I just clarify if the above is an addition to the .py file? So the new def SHOWS(url) routine should be as follows.

def SHOWS(url):
response = get_url(url)
code=re.sub('&amp;','&',response)
code=code.replace('<ProgrammeMediaUrl />','<ProgrammeMediaUrl>DefaultVideo.png</ProgrammeMediaUrl>')
match=re.compile('<ProgrammeId>(.+?)</ProgrammeId>\r\n <ProgrammeTitle>(.+?)</ProgrammeTitle>\r\n <ProgrammeMediaId>.+?</ProgrammeMediaId>\r\n <ProgrammeMediaUrl>(.+?)</ProgrammeMediaUrl>\r\n <LastUpdated>.+?</LastUpdated>\r\n <Url>.+?</Url>\r\n <EpisodeCount>(.+?)</EpisodeCount>').findall(code)
for url,name,thumb,epnumb in match:
if not int(epnumb)<1:
addDir(name+' - '+epnumb+' Episodes Available.',url,2,thumb)

I would welcome the addition of organisation by channel so ITV1, 2, 3, 4 etc are listed separately just like the BBC iPlayer app.

Thanks.
this will work fine updating an existing installation, however it will return an error on a fresh build, I'm assuming because no thumbnails in cache.
(2013-01-07, 01:02)nasimdejai2000 Wrote: Hi has anyone on an android device been able to view videos on the ITV Player plugin? On my devices, it tries to load videos saying "Loading Stream info" and then just stops. It never plays any of the videos but on my windows PC and version 1.0.9 of the ITV plugin, the videos tend to play. Could anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong on the android side? Thanks
By the way I'm on Galaxy Nexus and Acer A500 running stock versions of jellybean and ICS respectively. And Frodo RC2 on both devices. I've never been able to get the plugin to work on both devices even on older versions of xbmc

So, there's no one using this plugin on android version of xbmc? I'd very much appreciate your insight on how to get the videos to play cos all I get when I select a show to play is " Loading Stream info" follows followed by " working" then nothing happens. It just stops. On PC side, no problem all videos play. Cheers
(2013-01-07, 01:02)nasimdejai2000 Wrote: Hi has anyone on an android device been able to view videos on the ITV Player plugin? On my devices, it tries to load videos saying "Loading Stream info" and then just stops. It never plays any of the videos but on my windows PC and version 1.0.9 of the ITV plugin, the videos tend to play. Could anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong on the android side? Thanks

So, there's no one using this plugin on android version of xbmc? I'd very much appreciate your insight on how to get the videos to play cos all I get when I select a show to play is " Loading Stream info" follows followed by " working" then nothing happens. It just stops. On PC side, no problem all videos play. Cheers
Are you using the addon in the UK ?
(2013-01-14, 01:39)privado Wrote: Are you using the addon in the UK ?
Yes I'm in the UK. Always worked on the PC but I seem to be having issues with the android version of xbmc
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid you'll have to be more explicit though as this is very new to me.

I bought a jailbroken ATV from Ebay with XBMC already installed. but it didn't have the freeview apps installed on it. I searched through the menus in XBMC and found a list of add ons to install which only included 4OD of the UK apps, the rest were Euro channels or internet channels that I didn't recognise apart from Red Bull.

So I downloaded the BBC, ITV and Demand 5 apps from the XBMC web site and copied the zip files onto the ATV using CyberDuck. The ITV version I put on there was the latest 1.09.

So as far as I'm concerned, I've got a new install, but I just want to edit the file as per this thread. So why wouldn't it work for me?
Hi, I've never been able to watch any of the videos from the ITV plugin. All get is "Loading Stream info" and "working" but no videos showing or even sounds. I've tried everything from installing versions of xbmc that uses external players as well as the inbuilt player. I'm running the latest version of xbmc on both my A500 tablet and Galaxy Nexus with the former on ics 4.0.2 and the latter on jelly bean 4.2.1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ITV Player addon missing shows0