Choppy hd video playback
I bougt the wife a 9" tablet for christmas and since we use XBMC on the HTPC it seemed an obvious choice as a media player on the tablet. The table is a Lenovo Ideatab A2109A running android 4.1.1 its based on the Nvidia Tegra 3 clocked at 1.2ghz with 1gb DDR3 ram so there should be more than enough grunt to run XBMC. In general there is, the app installed perfectly, looks amazing, plays music and SD video without fault but when trying to play a 720p mkv file it stutters quite a bit and seems to strugle with the video. NOTE the same file plays without problem in another android video player.

I tried looking at settings but everything seems fixed, is there anything I can do (other than recode the video to an SD resolution) to improve playback.

Has anyone else seen or suffered this problem?
Never worry, read the wiki (which I should of done so first). Seems its maybe in the pipeline, I just need to wait for hardware support.
Check the F.A.Q and the many other posts made here on the same topic: HW Acceleration isn't working for a majority of devices. They are working on adding support. There is no ETA.

The Tegra 3 is a decent chip but it's not going to do HD in software. It's also one HW isn't working for yet. If you want to help, collect logs and report them to the team as described in the sticky posts, and expect a lot of things to not work.

If you just want something that will play media right now I recommend BSPlayer, it works great with the Tegra 3. There's free version with ads on the market or you can pony up 4 bucks for it. It's not as nice an interface as XBMC but it works - I can play high bitrate 1080p DTS mkvs with it on my Nexus 7.
Tegra 3 hardware video decoding will hopefully come someday. No ETA. It's even possible it might not happen at all, but it's also possible that the moon might crash into the Earth (no ETA on moon-to-earth either).

So it's not to say "don't hold your breath" but you might pass out from holding it too long.
(2012-12-31, 05:28)Ned Scott Wrote: Tegra 3 hardware video decoding will hopefully come someday. No ETA. It's even possible it might not happen at all, but it's also possible that the moon might crash into the Earth (no ETA on moon-to-earth either).

What about the Ouya announcement a while back, doesn't Ouya support imply Tegra3 support?
That's where I'm basing my assumption on Tegra 3 support :D

As long as the moon doesn't crash into the Earth, we should be good.
Hopeing to get my OUYA in March or April
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
I have the same problem on a spanking new Samsung galaxy 4S, with a snapdragon 600 processor and 2 Gb of RAM. But the strange thing is that the same movies works excellently when playing them om the stock video player? If the problem was related to hardware, shouldn't the video be choppy using that one too?
(2013-08-19, 23:01)Finurliig Wrote: I have the same problem on a spanking new Samsung galaxy 4S, with a snapdragon 600 processor and 2 Gb of RAM. But the strange thing is that the same movies works excellently when playing them om the stock video player? If the problem was related to hardware, shouldn't the video be choppy using that one too?

Try with a nightly build (wiki). Hardware decoding that should work for most hardware has just recently been added to the main XBMC code branch (well, "trunk").
(2013-08-20, 05:38)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-08-19, 23:01)Finurliig Wrote: I have the same problem on a spanking new Samsung galaxy 4S, with a snapdragon 600 processor and 2 Gb of RAM. But the strange thing is that the same movies works excellently when playing them om the stock video player? If the problem was related to hardware, shouldn't the video be choppy using that one too?

Try with a nightly build (wiki). Hardware decoding that should work for most hardware has just recently been added to the main XBMC code branch (well, "trunk").
Just any old nightly build or is one more stable than another?
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
The most recent one.
(2013-08-20, 05:38)Ned Scott Wrote:

I use the latest nightly build with my SS Note but it's still drop frame. Pls tell me what ver. did u use?
Currently I'm not using any version of XBMC for Android, but even if I was, different hardware behaves differently. It's all a work in progress.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy hd video playback0