Support for password protected SHOUTcast
Quote:chevy
01-05-2005, 20:25
thanks to cid@efnet , he has fixed the mplayer base64 issue and it now works on xbmc!

replace this mplayer.dll file with the old one on xbmc

backup your old one just incase    

xbmc mplayer

**i took the liberty of hosting the file myself for now so that it might be gotten to by the general public who may share a similar issue.
if we are going to integrate the fix, we are going to need the source code for the changes as well.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(kraqh3d @ may 02 2005,15:39 Wrote:this doesnt appear to be an xbmc problem but an mplayer problem. it seems like mplayer is not computing the correct hash value. contact them.
in bad taste perhaps but i couldn't resist. all i did was repeat a message on both accounts Wink
here is the source code

http://dl2.rapidshare.de/files/1560985/2...er-mod.rar

its for mplayer pre6

these files are modified from xbmc -- mplayer cvs on may 01, 2005; 9:50pm est
what has been changed/added:
only files in libmpdemux/
added:
base64.c: this source code i found on google, no license in file, should be ok to merge? Smile
base64.h: read above
changed:
makefile: added base64.c
http.c : commented out old base64 function
http.h : commented out old base64 prototype
just replace/add these files from the archive, and you are good to go.
-cid
don't forget => http://bugzilla.mplayerhq.hu Wink
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
lol.. ok then i suppose i should redo the base64 stuff i added to xbmc as that was based on mplayer's version Smile

but are you sure it's really faulty?? i tested basic authentication with the code used in mplayer and it worked like a charm...

(elupus @ may 04 2005,17:55 Wrote:lol.. ok then i suppose i should redo the base64 stuff i added to xbmc as that was based on mplayer's version Smile

but are you sure it's really faulty?? i tested basic authentication with the code used in mplayer and it worked like a charm...
some reason it did not work on certain usernames

like chevy:bbbb
oh.. please report that to mplayerhq then. (try using windows mplayer first thou)

mine still gets to 18% and then just closes. ive done the above, ive checked everythin i can check. is it an issue with the 1.1 release and i should update to a later version?
bit disappointing to see that the fix above wasn't carried over into the new mplayer.dll 20th may.

now i have to rollback to mplayer.dll 1st may just to get password protected nsv streams to work.

:tear:
(princi @ may 28 2005,08:23 Wrote:bit disappointing to see that the fix above wasn't carried over into the new mplayer.dll 20th may.

now i have to rollback to mplayer.dll 1st may just to get password protected nsv streams to work.

:tear:
ya that is weird

the source code is there also
and to make matters worse, the "hacked" mplayer.dll 050105 doesn't seem to work on the latest xbmc build (0523 & 0527). it works, but p/w protected nsv streams don't load.

chevys - any chance you can get your buddy to mod mplayer.dll 052005 as wellHuh
hello, i can watch any streams that i want on my xbox without any problems, as long as they are not password protected. does anyone know if it is at all possible to watch authenticated shoutcast streams??
if not, why is not supported? it would seem to me this isn't a difficult feature to implement.. i used to have it working on an older build with a recompiled mplayer.dll... can anyone help me out??

thanks,

d.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for password protected SHOUTcast0