Android G-Box Midnight won't recognise External HDD in XBMC
Hi,

Im relatively new to XBMC having only used it successfully on a windows laptop previously. I am now using a G-Box Midnight system and trying to connect a 2TB Seagate External Hardrive (NTFS) directly into the USB port of the G-Box. The actual android file manager recognises the external hardrive and i am am able to play media through that, but when I try to add the video source pathway to XBMC I am unable to find the external hardrive. I thought maybe XBMC may need the drive to be FAT32 so i converted a 2GB thumbdrive and tried it but I still wasnt able to find the source. Im hoping im missing something simple and easy to explain.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.
Cheers Paul
xbmc.log might be nice to see.
I'm gonna sound stupid now but how can I get that for you on the GBox
Is this the log?
SQLite format 3@ -â |§Î|P++Ytablesqlite_sequencesqlite_sequenceCREATE TABLE sqlite_sequence(name,seq)V‚{tablesnapshotssnapshotsCREATE TABLE snapshots(_id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT,title TEXT,url TEXT NOT NULL,date_created INTEGER,favicon BLOB,thumbnail BLOB,background INTEGER,view_state BLOB NOT NULL)W--ctableandroid_metadataandroid_metadataCREATE TABLE android_metadata (locale TEXT) ÷÷en_US
See debug log (wiki). Note to turn on debugging and then just use the debug log uploader add-on.
Oh ok thank you at the moment this is the least of my issues with the box because it's somehow reset itself. In talks with the seller to see if he's able to fix the issues. Thank you XBMC development team, your help has been very appreciated, and the program and this forum are both awesome.
Hey guys need help I have the G-Box midnight and have a toshiba canvio 1tb HD and cant get the box to discover it, I went to the settings but the drive isnt showing up. Usually when its plugged into my laptop it has a blue light that shows its been discovered but not when connected to the box. the usbs do work because i had the mouse plugged into it. How do i get it to mount the HD?
(2013-03-21, 02:48)Ghost. Wrote: Hey guys need help I have the G-Box midnight and have a toshiba canvio 1tb HD and cant get the box to discover it, I went to the settings but the drive isnt showing up. Usually when its plugged into my laptop it has a blue light that shows its been discovered but not when connected to the box. the usbs do work because i had the mouse plugged into it. How do i get it to mount the HD?

Sounds like the drive needs more power from the USB port on the G-box than the G-box can provide. This is a common issue with low-powered boxes such as this. Try using a powered USB hub in between the G-box and the Toshiba HDD.
I had the same issue with the MX2 and then connected an external drive to the Minix and found that it supplied enough power to the drive. The G-Box MX2 could not supply enough power. It continued to "prepare an remove" the drive on the MX2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
G-Box Midnight won't recognise External HDD in XBMC0