Step Forward/Step Back broken in PVR?
Installed the new build, skip forward seems to work well enough (seems a bit inaccurate but may have something to do with i-frames) but skip back rarely works, have to repeatedly push the key until it eventually does, but usually end up skipping too far by accident. Great start though, and will be using it in place of ff/rw regardless Tongue
@da-anda
(2013-01-10, 01:09)da-anda Wrote: @Nachteule Yes, it's in master, so grab a nightly and give it a try.

Thank you. I already found it Wink

I fetchted i t from git and be happy. Seems to work perfectly on my box

Great job, thank you
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
Which bakend, Nachteule?

My regular step back/forward is set to 8 sec instead of the default 30, perhaps that has something to do with it?
username145 - the skip is not accurate now. That's what I meant with "it's not 100% perfect yet"
(2013-01-11, 00:07)username145 Wrote: Which bakend, Nachteule?

My regular step back/forward is set to 8 sec instead of the default 30, perhaps that has something to do with it?
Mythtv 0.26. I configured Step_Back/Forward to 30s and Big_Step_Back/Forward to 300s. Shorter steps i have never tried because i don't need them. Hmmm ... however ... i configured "smallstepbackseconds" to 10s but if i press this button, it doesn't seem to skip back for 10s, perhaps 2 or 3s.
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
Thought I should post a workaround, since I have stepback set to 8 sec instead of default 30 sec (way too long if you ask me), and stepback isn't functional in PVR for smaller values. I changed the keybind for "left" to SmallStepBack (normally bound to apostrophe) for the PVR window and changed SmallStepBack skip length to 15 seconds. This gives a roughly 8 second skip in PVR, so everything is nice and consistent between PVR and "normal" content now.

Keybinds changed in keybinds xml and skip values changed in advancedsettings xml.
(2013-01-22, 11:14)username145 Wrote: Thought I should post a workaround, since I have stepback set to 8 sec instead of default 30 sec (way too long if you ask me), and stepback isn't functional in PVR for smaller values. I changed the keybind for "left" to SmallStepBack (normally bound to apostrophe) for the PVR window and changed SmallStepBack skip length to 15 seconds. This gives a roughly 8 second skip in PVR, so everything is nice and consistent between PVR and "normal" content now.

Keybinds changed in keybinds xml and skip values changed in advancedsettings xml.

Could you post your advancedsettings.xml (or any relevant config files)?

Just so I understand your situation, the fix addresses step forward/backward (not rew/ff) while watching live tv with myth 0.26, correct?

Also, is this in the case where you're watching while recording vs just selecting "live tv" and watching then trying to skip back? I get different/better (but still... messy) results when I explicitly record what I'm watching.
I'll post the xml changes when I get home. I don't use mythtv but it does work for mediaportal/npvr. In my experience it does not make any difference whether I am recording or just timeshifting, have not experienced any issues
(2013-02-05, 08:08)username145 Wrote: I'll post the xml changes when I get home. I don't use mythtv but it does work for mediaportal/npvr. In my experience it does not make any difference whether I am recording or just timeshifting, have not experienced any issues

Great - I'd love to see them (your changes), and see if they'll work for me!
If the <FullscreenLiveTV> section exists in your keyboard.xml, change it to the following. If not, simply add it:

Code:
<FullscreenLiveTV>
    <keyboard>
      <left>SmallStepBack</left>
      <right>StepForward</right>
      <up>BigStepForward</up>
      <down>BigStepBack</down>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>

And add the following to your advancedsettings.xml with your preferred values:

Code:
<video>
    <timeseekforward>8</timeseekforward>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to 30. -->
    <timeseekbackward>-8</timeseekbackward>  <!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to -30. -->
    <timeseekforwardbig>90</timeseekforwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to 600 (10 minutes). -->
    <timeseekbackwardbig>-90</timeseekbackwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to -600 (10 minutes). -->
    <smallstepbackseconds>15</smallstepbackseconds>
  </video>

As mentioned earlier in the thread, stepping back is inaccurate for smaller values, so the 15 second value of smallstepback is more like an 8 second skip (at least in my case)
(2013-02-08, 14:08)username145 Wrote: If the <FullscreenLiveTV> section exists in your keyboard.xml, change it to the following. If not, simply add it:

Code:
<FullscreenLiveTV>
    <keyboard>
      <up>BigStepForward</up>
      <down>BigStepBack</down>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>

And add the following to your advancedsettings.xml with your preferred values:

Code:
<video>
    <timeseekforward>8</timeseekforward>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to 30. -->
    <timeseekbackward>-8</timeseekbackward>  <!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to -30. -->
    <timeseekforwardbig>90</timeseekforwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to 600 (10 minutes). -->
    <timeseekbackwardbig>-90</timeseekbackwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to -600 (10 minutes). -->
  </video>

As mentioned earlier in the thread, stepping back is inaccurate for smaller values, so the 15 second value of smallstepback is more like an 8 second skip (at least in my case)

So I've gone ahead and added your settings to my advancedsettings.xml (which didn't exist before).

Frankly, I wasn't sure at first what they would do for me. Then, in looking at your post, I noticed your other section for "FullscreenLiveTV" had a child tag of "keyboard". Originally, I was using an IR keyboard to run my rig and the switched to a MCE remote. The stepback (left arrow) key was working, but nothing else and I didn't feel like bothering with it because PVR functions with LiveTV weren't working for me anyway. I had tried setting all the arrow keys into my remote.xml -- to no avail -- so, who cares?

Except, maybe it was only the keyboard.xml which was driving my config? For my remote? Maybe that "remote accepts keypresses" (or whatever) setting was causing this? Let me try it... so I modified my keyboard.xml to have:
Code:
<FullscreenLiveTV>
    <keyboard>
      <left>StepBack</left>
      <up>BigStepForward</up>
      <down>BigStepBack</down>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>

restarted xbmc and tried it.

Boom - all the PVR functions worked. Oddly (or not) "remote accepts keypresses" was not enabled. So, this doesn't make much sense to me, unless that is the default behavior of these MCE remotes.

The times on some of the arrow functions were off, but hopefully I have some control over that now.

This is great - thanks!
I hate to resurrect a "dead" thread, but I've noticed that in LiveTv, SmallStepBack is not working (so I'm using StepBack, but it's too much):

Code:
<FullscreenLiveTV>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
</FullscreenLiveTV>

and the advancedsettings.xml as shown above (I've also tried it with larger/smaller vales of smallstepbackseconds).

I don't think it ever was (working), I think I was just happy that the others were. I've tried playing with:
Code:
<video>
  </video>

but it makes no difference. The video *hiccups* briefly and then keeps on moving. I have not yet checked how this works when viewing recorded tv, but I figured one thing at a time.

Does anyone have SmallStepBack (I'm looking for 5-10 seconds back) working for Frodo/MythTv/with an MCE (Ortek?) remote?
Does your remote send left/right keypresses? Try plugging in a keyboard and see if things work. Perfectly functional here, but I use a small remote-sized keyboard in place of a remote.

Note the keyboard xml is in your program files dir somewhere and settings xml in appdata.
(2013-03-19, 08:42)username145 Wrote: Does your remote send left/right keypresses? Try plugging in a keyboard and see if things work. Perfectly functional here, but I use a small remote-sized keyboard in place of a remote.

Note the keyboard xml is in your program files dir somewhere and settings xml in appdata.

I'll try the keyboard to see if the results are different, but it's not that they key stroke isn't registering, it's that the action associated with it doesn't have the desired effect.

StepBack goes too far back
SmallStepBack just pauses for a brief moment

This is despite any value I might set for <smallstepbackseconds>15</smallstepbackseconds> in advancedsettings.xml

Please also note than I'm on Ubuntu so:
Code:
~$ locate advancedsettings.xml
/home/haanmd/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

~$ locate keyboard.xml
/home/haanmd/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml
/usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml
As expected, the keyboard is no different. My remote mimics the "left" key, so it really comes down to how Xbmc handles "SmallStepBack" and right now, using this setup, it just hiccups and carries on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Step Forward/Step Back broken in PVR?0