Plays then stops
Hi,

When I go to play a music file - located on an external drive as folders within folders - nothing happens. I click on it and the colour of the item doesn't change and it doesn't play at all.

With DVDs - located on both the external and internal drive - the file plays for about 5 seconds and then freezes. You can scroll into the file and the time changes, but nothing else.

This has happened before and last time I uninstalled XBMC, and it worked fine with the new, but this time this hasn't worked. The items work on other media players that I use.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Rob
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

See here to find out how to enable debug logging in XBMC and where the log file is located on your system: debug log (wiki)
Upload your complete log to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL to your uploaded log here with your reply. Without seeing this log information, it is difficult for anyone to diagnose your problem or make any recommendations.
The problem seems to be AVI video files, which I download a number of. In another media player, exactly the same happens, where you can open the file, but if you try to advance it, the pic freezes but the counter still continues. Maybe this then infects the whole player.

Rob
The URL is 25275.
(2013-01-01, 14:34)mravinsky Wrote: The problem seems to be AVI video files, which I download a number of. In another media player, exactly the same happens, where you can open the file, but if you try to advance it, the pic freezes but the counter still continues. Maybe this then infects the whole player.
Sounds like corrupted files, if the same thing happens with another media player. GIGO... nothing XBMC or any media player app can do about that.

Quote:The URL is 25275.
That's not a URL.

Hi, the files play in Real Player for example. The URL is http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27186. Hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plays then stops0