WIP Roboto Fonts for Skin, CAPS/Bold/Regular Multilanguage support.
Yes the fonts are for use with Confluence, that's the entire reason for them existing as they are atm. Though nothing has been submited as a PR, because its not ready for it.

So from that premise, any work (improvements/fixes/additions) should be resumed from where its been left off, but there is no obligation to do so.

Obviously the observation is, the Hebrew support on the set I had done was at best untested, but you said it worked except it wasn't in all fonts (yes it was a test thats why I dont do it in all). So you went and decided to do it your way from scratch which is fine.

The ultimate point is, do what you are comfortable with, from my side, I have done what I can given my limitations of not speaking/writing the Languages so it is what it is, feel free to do what you will with it..
(2013-01-07, 13:41)alanwww1 Wrote: Thanks. I ask the Hebrew group to test it.
Cheers

So any test results? I had a half plan to resolve https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5316 using these. But they dont work fully. I dont plan on doing anymore work on these though on my tests it didnt go so well with Hebrew.

What it would require is that some native/non native Hebrew speaker or that understood these and know how to map the characters in the font to add them properly or in some manner to complete this, So feel free to take this project forward if wanted.
@uNiversal

I neglected this a bit, mainly as I didn't really had much access to a Windows machine (and FontCreator).
Only at the end of Oct' - beginning of Nov' I will have some time to look at this again.

A side note:
It would be best if Kodi could load missing glyphs from another fonts, that will take care of other Languages that aren't supported by the default fonts like Arabic.
Yea I dont think thats even possible but then again I have no idea whats possible in that realm.
Was that you replying on the PR? I cant remember which fonts I added the Hebrew characters, not that it matters anymore as Im not going to continue with that, so the solution of using these fonts likely not going to happen.
Yes, it was me, I didn't want to spam the devs so I kept it short.

I agree, I don't think using the fonts is the right solution, I think solution 2 is the better approach.
mmm solution 2 is using the fonts, and thats not gonna work
Oh, I remember it wrong, I meant solution 3, use Latin characters only for layout names.
Apparently Google released Roboto v2.0 on Android L.

Quote:To support all languages worldwide, Google recommends using Roboto for languages that use the Latin, Greek, and Cyrillic scripts and Noto for all other languages

I going to start (probably) next week from scratch with Roboto v2.0 and add glyphs from Noto Sans Hebrew, for v15.0 of course.
Depending on my progress in learning Chinese and finally learning to read Arabic I may add those as well.
wow... thank you for keeping this up.

I will have a look at that roboto, to be honest the hebrew, chinese are the big ones missing, Cyrillic and greek are basically already supported iirc. Maybe I rememebr the Greek part worng.

Ya thanks for that. I dont really have time to do this project and also my knowledge is minimal on character adding/mapping but it does work when done properly.
Even newer Roboto fonts to serve as base Smile https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7010

Find them all https://github.com/google/fonts/
I'm no font expert, noto font seems to use along side with roboto. I'd no luck learning how to merge different fontsets together. and noto font using otf. I'd tried fontforge to convert to ttf, but failed miserably.

I'm only able to add unicode font, arial.ttf, which is kodi's default by using <visible>SubString(ListItem.Path, UniqueDirName)</visible> to toggle between original and unicode.Thus, results in keeping the skin's original font formatting on english scrapped data, and unicode for chinese scrapped data.

Here comes the problem, since chinese scrapped data using chinese in genres. During movies->genre selection, the chinese characters are invisible. I'm not sure how to hack further by using <visible> tag.. Anyone have any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Roboto Fonts for Skin, CAPS/Bold/Regular Multilanguage support.0