Win Playback broken for all mythv recordings
I've been using xbmc and mythtv for a couple years now and its great. Just recently all my recordings have stopped working in xbmc. When I select a recording xbmc takes about 10-15 seconds to start playing it...it used to be almost instantaneous. The video will play for a few seconds and then start buffering again. It then constantly plays/buffers/plays/buffers. If I attempt to playback a recording over samba using vlc the recordings work fine. It seems like the myth:// protocol changed or something and now its not able to buffer fast enough.

Some info:
Mythtv backend is 0.26 with a hdhr prime tuner running on freebsd 9. Im running xbmc nightlies(currently XBMCSetup-20121229-51e87c7-master.exe) and I've enabled the mythtv pvr addon and enabled live tv. Using the old myth:// protocol or the new pvr addon results in this same behavior. My desktop(where i run xbmc) has a quad core xeon cpu running at 3.20Ghz with 16gigs of ram and a nvidia GTX560. My lan is gigabit.

Here is my xbmc.log.
xbmc.log

Here is a video showing what happens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saGS_l0zHWg
Could you please try to build and run the development version of the mythtv addon from here: https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons
and check if you still see the issue?
Of course the one addon I want to build is failing. Most the errors are in regards to boost.
Quote:mythchannel.h(24): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/shared_ptr.hpp': No such file or directory

Not really sure what to do from here. Is boost something I need to install separately?
project/BuildDependencies/DownloadBuildDeps.bat will download everything needed
Ok awesome. Got all that installed and it compiled fine. I then copied over the newly built mythtv plugin to my xbmc addons folder.

However I am still having the same issue as before. Here is a updated xbmc.log
Hm from the log I still cannot see anything suspicious. Can you check the cpu load of your backend when you try playing the recording?
I've heard from similar problems with mythbackend (0.26). I suggest reading the dev thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1273037

Another idea is that you play with the xbmc's audio options. (Directsound/WASAPI)
Happy New Year!

When just idling mythbackend does not use more then 1% cpu and the average load on the box is around 0.10. When I start xbmc and it loads all the tv info I see a slight spike from mysqld but I'd say thats normal while it queries all the show info(mysqld might use around 15% cpu for a few seconds). When I start a recording mythbackend was using around 5% cpu and the load on the box never went above 0.15.

Also changing the audio options between directsound and wasapi makes no difference.

I also mounted the mythtv recordings over samba in xbmc and tried playing the videos and they playback flawless. There is no delay when starting a video and there is no buffering...it just plays like it should. So to me it seems like the myth:// protocol is fubar.

On a side note I was running 0.25 the last couple months and this issue started while still using 0.25. I only upgraded to 0.26 in the last couple days to see if the upgrade would fix the issue.

New xbmc.log
Happy new year!

This is really strange. First of all, in Frodo you should definitively use the MythTV addon and the "Recording" view.
The old "myth://" source is using quite old code and has never been tested with 0.26.

I've checked your video and it already takes ages to actually load the video. It should start playback almost instantly.
Did you check if your network is fine and no other computer/process abusing it? On linux there's iftop. Maybe there's a similar tool for windows.

Another idea would be the deinterlacer. Can you try disabling it?
Yea. The network is fine. I can stream all other files fine over samba(including both 1080p mkv files and 1080i files recorded with mythtv). The lan is gigabit and is no where near saturated. Enabling/disabling deinterlacing make no difference either. Looking at the mythtv backend logs does not show any issues either. This one really has me stumped.

Also all the logs and testing I've been doing are with the mythtv pvr addon and not using the myth:// protocol. When I said the mytht:// protocol is fubar I was talking about whatever the pvr addon uses.
(2013-01-06, 03:39)Wicked0ne Wrote: Yea. The network is fine. I can stream all other files fine over samba(including both 1080p mkv files and 1080i files recorded with mythtv). The lan is gigabit and is no where near saturated. Enabling/disabling deinterlacing make no difference either. Looking at the mythtv backend logs does not show any issues either. This one really has me stumped.

Also all the logs and testing I've been doing are with the mythtv pvr addon and not using the myth:// protocol. When I said the mytht:// protocol is fubar I was talking about whatever the pvr addon uses.

Hi, it should be a backend issue. Try to update mythbackend to the last release and restart the host. Also your storage is local to the backend or in a separate NAS ?
Yea backend is latest(0.26) and the backend records locally to the mythtv box. Xbmc runs on my desktop and connects to mythtv over my lan(gbit). Today I finally got fed up and completely uninstalled and am reinstalling mythtv from scratch to see if its something weird that happened during a upgrade. Not sure what else to try if this does not fix this.

*UPDATE* dammit dammit dammit. Clean install of myth(completely reinstalled and clean database) did NOT solve the issue. Really no idea what to do now...this was my last ditch effort to try and get things working again Sad
Just upgraded to Frodo hoping this issue would be fixed....unfortunately its not and I'm still unable to watch any livetv or any recordings with xbmc. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback broken for all mythv recordings0