• 1(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080+
As requested by some users I wrapped up my mods into new skin Xperience1080+

Metro home screen

Classic home screen

Horizontal home screen

Credits & Requirements
  • many thanks to `Black for his fantastic skin!
  • modded skin is based on latest Xperience1080 so whatever requirements are needed for original skin also applies here

Known issues
  • I used localization strings where possible but not for all so some of the extra captions won't be translated
  • When 'Home' category is disabled home menu is out of the sync on startup so it's necessary to go down to the Power button and then down once more to fix focus
  • There is no Pictures item under Applications category anymore so if you need Pictures simply add custom tile using Type=custom, Path=ActivateWindow(pictures)

Install using Github repository

Hope you like it and Happy New Year Smile
Nice mod!
I sincerly hope that black would consider to add this features in xperience, especialy the app panel fully customisable and the choice to remove some of the menu entry!
Great work!
Cheers
This mod or official bug with extension TwitchTV on OS X.
I really like some stuff, but can i make a couple of requests? Blush

- can you add an option to have the colors of all the tiles on movies, music and weather the same as you did with tv shows?
- would like the option to show recently added albums instead of recently played
- option for tv and movie logo's on the home screen (new tv shows and spotlight)?

Thanks for sharing!
Added now playing album info in Home/Music
  • Replaced Featured albums with Now playing album info when music is playing
  • Selecting album shows music playlist

Featured / Now playing
    Image Image

Available on Github
Hi crni,
Just another vote to say that the changes you have implemented are really good and greatly enhance usability.

I particularly like:
added 'Show New movies instead of Spotlight' skin setting under Skin > Home to replace 'Spotlight' with 'New movies'
added 'Show New shows instead of Ongoing' skin setting under Skin > Home to replace 'Ongoing TV shows' with 'New shows'
added 'Show Recently played instead of Music add-ons' skin setting under Skin > Home to replace 'Music add-ons' tile with 'Recently played albums'

I don't generally use the spotlight or the 'ongoing' tv shows so both these changes are excellent. Similarly the recently played albums is a clever idea.

I hope Black sees your thread and considers a full merge as you have allowed users to choose whether they apply these settings under the skin settings and so it gives more control to the user and doesn't really impact the underlying concept.

Great work!

Cheers,
Mike
Great work, I hope this is merged. Also not sure what you did but this mod is totally smooth and lag free, the standard version isn't on my little nettop.

Also feel free to include my icon pack I made for x1080 if you like.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Wow, this is great work....

I have one question or request... Is it possible to add poster view to files mode ?

I have the following problem and it's getting annoying:
I have a few directories with material which can't be scanned in the library. In Aeon no problem, you just create a favorite and add this to a custom menu, choose your view and there you go. With Xperience this is possible, but only the list and thumb views are there. For all my concerts and comedies (mostly dutch) this is not a great view.
Here's what I did. I've added the directories to the library, but excluded these from the scan. Now I can add these with a smartlist or favorite to the menu and choose posterview. But, everytime all the poster.jpg needs to be loaded and this is very slow with more than 500 concerts.

Therefore I like to have posterview for filemode. This works much faster, but Black mentioned that he thinks list and thumb view is enough.
I really like this skin, but this is unusable for me..

What do you think, is it possible to add this to your mod of this skin ?

Thanks

Peter
Very nice. Only downside for me is that I lose easy access to my music plugins.

I would prefer to have programmable links (like the video page) to the right of the 'now playing/featured' window (the Now Playing is a fantastic addition) instead of the 'New Albums'.
I may look later to see if I can work it out myself.

EDIT: Just realised that I could just put all my plugins in the Application page..
(2013-01-02, 16:56)lem000 Wrote: Very nice. Only downside for me is that I lose easy access to my music plugins
not sure what do you mean but Music Add-ons tile should be visible by default and you can toggle it in skin settings
Oh yes, so it is. Doh!
how do i get that nice picture to show up behind the temperature on the weather tab, like shown on the picture on original post
Great mod! But how to find access to images?
(2013-01-02, 22:38)mash2k3 Wrote: how do i get that nice picture to show up behind the temperature on the weather tab, like shown on the picture on original post
Same as in original skin, download and unpack weather fanart pack to some folder > open weather window -> options -> deselect "hide fanart" and "hide daily fanart" and > set path of the weather fanart folder

Image Image
(2013-01-02, 23:19)titidel Wrote: Great mod! But how to find access to images?

ah yes... easiest way is to add custom tile:

Type = custom
Path = ActivateWindow(pictures)

Image Image

ActivateWindow(10002) also works and same principle can be used for other windows:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Window_IDs

also Pictures is accessible trough QuickNav panel
Thanks crni. It's perfect now!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080+4