• 27(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080+
The horizontal home screen is great, the only change I would make would be to have the bar at the bottom and the regular tiles above, similar to the tiles you added recently. That to me is taking the best parts of multiple skins - low set bar, tiles, clean styling etc.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Hi crni,

I very much appreciate your (and black's) fantastic work and also your efforts to implement the "classic" menu as well as the horizontal menu. However, we are almost "drowning" in skins that are all making use of these typical kind of interfaces, varying only in backgrounds, colors and font types. Who ever is interested in these types of menus can already choose from a great variety of skins.
The freshness of the Xperience skins comes from its Metro-like tyle-interface, which also is partly animated. So I am very much looking forward in the further development of this specific part of the skin which makes Xperience so unique.

Brgds,

FantasticN
(2013-03-05, 12:36)crni Wrote:
(2013-03-05, 12:18)barney stinsen Wrote: Hey crni, your mod is very good. But can you add a submenu-point for moviesets in the horizontal menu under movies. I´ve looked for this, but found nothing. And in the landscape view for movies, if you disabled the plot, you can´t see if its a set. Can you change that, to see that every time. I love the new horizontal menu.

It should say 'Collection' for sets in the landscape view is it not ?
Added Sets to the movies submenu on git, let me know if it works.

Now is the Movie-Submenu completed Blush
Collection is right. If you look in your mod, in the landscape-view. When you have collections, you see the discs-logo for the collection. But if you disable the plot, there is no more disc-logo for collections. So you can´t see if its a collection or not, only by the name. Its the one and only point i´m missing. The rest is great Nod respect

EDIT: One little question. I love the poster-view of recently added/spotlight in the horizontal menu. Can you make this as an own view in movies/tv-shows. Its really great and it would be nice to have in moviemenu, too.
(2013-03-05, 16:44)fantasticn Wrote: Hi crni,

I very much appreciate your (and black's) fantastic work and also your efforts to implement the "classic" menu as well as the horizontal menu. However, we are almost "drowning" in skins that are all making use of these typical kind of interfaces, varying only in backgrounds, colors and font types. Who ever is interested in these types of menus can already choose from a great variety of skins.
The freshness of the Xperience skins comes from its Metro-like tyle-interface, which also is partly animated. So I am very much looking forward in the further development of this specific part of the skin which makes Xperience so unique.

Brgds,

FantasticN

@echo on
Did something go wrong on one of my git pulls or did the "Info List" View stop auto scrolling if you've got the plot shown instead of fanart? I doubled checked and went back to Black's original and there it still works. Had a quick glance on the git commits but couldn't see anything mentioning it.
Hello crnihr,

i did a pull request of my little modception, i just add cdart support for classic music visualization.
if you accept it you might unlock the cdart toggle in the skin music setting to be able to select with classic view,
i chose to not mess around with it.

cheers

with cdart settings on

cdart off
(2013-03-07, 02:31)Middle Wrote: Hello crnihr,

i did a pull request of my little modception, i just add cdart support for classic music visualization.
if you accept it you might unlock the cdart toggle in the skin music setting to be able to select with classic view,
i chose to not mess around with it.

cheers
looking good, merged Smile
(also added diffuse to cdart image and unlocked skin settings)
Added 'Landscape Poster' view for Movies

Added 'Landscape Poster' view for TV Shows and Seasons

Added 'Landscape' view for Artist and Albums

Available on Github
Great work as always. It's a shame that these skins can't just meet a happy medium though. I know this is a personal project and not a community mod but with all the work you have put into this skin, it's a shame that some things are missing from the default skin.

Looks a great anyway, I'll maybe move back and retry the skin should the defaults from 1080 be made available.

Keep up the good work though, it's most defiantly appreciated by me and everyone else in here Smile
(2013-03-07, 11:47)PatrickBateman Wrote: Great work as always. It's a shame that these skins can't just meet a happy medium though. I know this is a personal project and not a community mod but with all the work you have put into this skin, it's a shame that some things are missing from the default skin.

Looks a great anyway, I'll maybe move back and retry the skin should the defaults from 1080 be made available.

Keep up the good work though, it's most defiantly appreciated by me and everyone else in here Smile

I totally agree with this.
I move back to blacks default mod too, ive lost a few features sure, but got a much cleaner look in return.

It's a shame that this mod can't be what it says? The default 1080 skin with added extras.
Anyway, I too will return if an option to remove the power buttons etc from the home screen is added (moved to settings or somewhere/anywhere else hidden) option to stop the date appearing when selecting power etc and the new (less cluttered) music screen arrives.

Until then I'm back on blacks as its just less mess on my screen.

No disrespect though, I appreciate too all the work done on these mods, jus a shame I can't use em either Sad
Yea, well that was my point originally as it says it right here on the front page?

Quote:many thanks to `Black for his fantastic skin!
modded skin is based on latest Xperience1080 git (2.0 Beta 4) so whatever goes for original skin applies here

Except the ones that dont Big Grin
I would love to see the default 1080 with all these mods! That skin would be a flawless perfect skin in almost every respect and would satisfy virtually all users from all view points and opinions. Currently there is a completely unnecessary divide.

I'm hoping it makes it in soon, until then I'll make do with the default skin and keep an eye on this as its a beautiful mod, I'd just lime the default settings held in place as per the post on the front page.
(2013-03-07, 11:39)crni Wrote: Added 'Landscape Poster' view for Movies

Added 'Landscape Poster' view for TV Shows and Seasons

Added 'Landscape' view for Artist and Albums

Available on Github

Great, really great. I love your 1080Plus-Mod. The only thing i missed is the collection-disc logo in landscape-view Big Grin
(2013-03-07, 12:01)PatrickBateman Wrote: Yea, well that was my point originally as it says it right here on the front page?

Quote:many thanks to `Black for his fantastic skin!
modded skin is based on latest Xperience1080 git (2.0 Beta 4) so whatever goes for original skin applies here

Well it clearly states that this mod is based on original skin which last time I checked does not mean exactly the same as original skin, also you are quoting Credits & Requirements and any requirement needed for original skin still applies here. I thought this statement was perfectly clear by itself but apparently not so I corrected this to avoid future misunderstandings.
I read it that way too crni, I thought it was a base 1080 with addons. At least its corrected now Smile it's still a shame though that it can't be a 1080 with extras? But ho-hum
Cheers for clarifying that, I agree with Derek too it's a shame it can't be 1080 with bells and whistles for those that want a 1080 experience with crni mods available.

Cheers though,
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080+4