• 28(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080+
(2013-03-07, 11:54)DerekCuster Wrote: .
Anyway, I too will return if an option to remove the power buttons etc from the home screen is added (moved to settings or somewhere/anywhere else hidden) option to stop the date appearing when selecting power etc and the new (less cluttered) music screen arrives.

I have no plans to change the date behavior as for the power and options buttons I did not made any changes regarding that and settings to hide them are still there same as in original skin

(2013-03-07, 13:46)PatrickBateman Wrote: Cheers for clarifying that, I agree with Derek too it's a shame it can't be 1080 with bells and whistles for those that want a 1080 experience with crni mods available.

Cheers though,
not sure what you mean but when used with default settings everything is pretty much the same as in original skin (other then new metro music panel layout)
I didn't mean (or say) that you specifically had changed the power buttons?

I said I'd like to see some options added to allow them to be changed (in this mod) as well as adding in the music section from 1080. The date thing is an option you added, but for some reason didn't make it optional. Again, I thought (and wrote that) when I thought this skin was 1080 with added features, which you have cleared up now that it isn't.

It's all cool, its good mod, but the music section really needs work. Again, it doesn't matter as I can use blacks 1080 skin as it has new updated to a new and improved version so everyone happy Big Grin

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Edit:
Yea I meant differences such as:
No new/updated and improved music screen.
No ability to use default clock (with no date).
No ability to switch between crni and default applications screen.
Etc etc

Just little things that I thought would be added as "optional crni mods" ontop of the wonderful 1080 base skin. Meaning best of all worlds for everyone Smile
(2013-03-07, 14:06)DerekCuster Wrote: The date thing is an option you added, but for some reason didn't make it optional. Again, I thought (and wrote that) when I thought this skin was 1080 with added features, which you have cleared up now that it isn't.
I also changed e.g. Applications panel and Home category New movies and New shows icons and Music tiles to red and Weather tiles to orange and probably some more so not everything I changed in this mod is optional (and never has been)
Yea it seems we are on the same page Derek, I feel exactly the same regarding the above. A lof of mods leave the default option in and add the "modified" version for users to select (which is the best way to mod IMO) as this means you don't segregate or lose users by forcing decisions they may not need/want or like.

However, it does seems that we misinterpreted what this mod was <blush> it's clear that we thought it was 1080 with crni mods incorporated as options for users to select. It's not, but that's not a bad thing I suppose. Just not for me as I honestly love the default skin, and like some (not all) of crni mods. I'd like the default skin, with "some" of crni mods not all of them forced on me without option/choice Sad

It's cool thou guys, it's all cleared up now Big Grin
Everyone's happy again Big Grin

(2013-03-07, 14:16)crni Wrote:
(2013-03-07, 14:06)DerekCuster Wrote: The date thing is an option you added, but for some reason didn't make it optional. Again, I thought (and wrote that) when I thought this skin was 1080 with added features, which you have cleared up now that it isn't.
I also changed e.g. Applications panel and Home category New movies and New shows icons and Music tiles to red and Weather tiles to orange and probably some more so not everything I changed in this mod is optional (and never has been)

In all fairness to derek you did however tell users (such as me) how to change them back (when i asked) and provided instructions on how to do so... so....

It's all good now though,
I'm back on blacks version (as are some others) and any miscommunications have now been cleared up...
(2013-03-07, 14:16)crni Wrote:

As I mentioned In my post,

I said the apps page was changed "without" allowing users to select the default version.

But at the time these mods were implemented, I was still under the impression that this was a 1080 base mod with optional added extras (mods added).

It's only now that it has been cleared up for me that i understand why...
I'm not blaming you or anything just simple misunderstanding, easily done on-line on both parties Smile
(2013-03-07, 09:51)crni Wrote: looking good, merged Smile
(also added diffuse to cdart image and unlocked skin settings)

Thx for accept it, Smile
i did remove the diffuse image it cuts too much of the original cdart,
cdarts in fanart.tv are good enought, not need any kind of diffuse.

but is up to you.

Keep up the good work, Smile
Cheers
(2013-03-07, 15:41)Middle Wrote:
(2013-03-07, 09:51)crni Wrote: looking good, merged Smile
(also added diffuse to cdart image and unlocked skin settings)

Thx for accept it, Smile
i did remove the diffuse image it cuts too much of the original cdart,
cdarts in fanart.tv are good enought, not need any kind of diffuse.
ah I see, well I do not use cdart but if that's the case then I'll remove it. tnx again

While at it is there a scraper to automatically import cdart images ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77031 This one works nicely.
(2013-03-07, 18:31)ursli Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77031 This one works nicely.
I'll check it out. tnx
Nice changes, I still find the old horizontal menu concept the best and most practical.

(2013-03-07, 14:22)PatrickBateman Wrote: I'd like the default skin, with "some" of crni mods not all of them forced on me without option/choice Sad
Just ask the magic fairy or make your own damn mod.

(2013-03-07, 14:22)PatrickBateman Wrote: It's all good now though,
I'm back on blacks version (as are some others) and any miscommunications have now been cleared up...
Thanks for informing us.
(2013-03-08, 00:53)Japaja Wrote: Nice changes, I still find the old horizontal menu concept the best and most practical.
tnx and yes horizontal menu is kinda like little black dress that never really goes out of style Cool
Hi crni, its me again Smile

i did another mod, a little support for games in advanced launcher,
only the landscape views for now, 3 sizes (poster,square,wide),
i lock the views for advanced launcher because the size of posters are little more wide
not sure if you want this views for another program. that's why i made a new gamesview file.
i add games info window, it was there already i just fixed it, needs a little more tweak i can do it later (such as fanart when you go right)

let me know if there is anything wrong or some bug.
i did one pull already not sure if i did right this time (im kinda new in git) Smile

here is a preview.

cheers
(2013-03-08, 04:34)Middle Wrote: Hi crni, its me again Smile

i did another mod, a little support for games in advanced launcher,
only the landscape views for now, 3 sizes (poster,square,wide),
i lock the views for advanced launcher because the size of posters are little more wide
not sure if you want this views for another program. that's why i made a new gamesview file.
i add games info window, it was there already i just fixed it, needs a little more tweak i can do it later (such as fanart when you go right)

let me know if there is anything wrong or some bug.
i did one pull already not sure if i did right this time (im kinda new in git) Smile

here is a preview.

cheers
looking good but not sure whats going on with the git... perhaps you should clone fresh my repo and then add only relevant changes ? or I could manually integrate your changes regarding games ...
(2013-03-08, 00:53)Japaja Wrote: Nice changes, I still find the old horizontal menu concept the best and most practical.

(2013-03-07, 14:22)PatrickBateman Wrote: I'd like the default skin, with "some" of crni mods not all of them forced on me without option/choice Sad

Thanks for informing us.

Do you stick your face into every discussion you see on line that doesn't involve you Big Grin douche!

Edit-
For what's its worth, Yes, I have currently moved back to black ... However, I have began diffing the files between crni and black and have already made some modifications. I have changed the icons for the home screen "new movies" and "new shows" as I think crnis version had the correct versions, i am also currently moving over the apps section and will continue with the rest as time progresses and I feel necessary. This way I will have the best parts from both versions of these skins available, in particular the very elegant new music section etc.

As I mentioned in my post, this was all simplly down to semantics and crni has even amended his wording so no need to be rude to me!

All was resolved amicably, I decided this skin was not what I was looking for, moved back to black and made my own mods/amendments based on some of crnis.

Perhaps you should listen to the guy below and keep your pointless opinions to your self and stop trying to cause arguments.

Thanks for informing us.

This is a perfect example of a troll!
A few people had a discussion on a board, some miscommunications were involved as not all are English native speakers and text can me interpreted more than 1 way.

After a discussion all parties happily sort out their issues, some people move to another product, the owner clears up his text and some stay.

Then, out of no where... Someone who wast involved, someone who was never mentioned, discussed, referenced or otherwise invited into said conversation decides that he has to have an opinion that the world mis see/hear.

So he gets his big fat fingers, thumps out his pointless opinion ( that's only purpose is to insult and enrage) and writes it out for the world to see.

Perhaps you would be better off keeping posts like this to yourself, or for when you actually involved in an adult discussion.
As I was a part of the discussion in question and also made the same statements, and the same error and also had the same opinion as many others in here, that the music section is ugly (look back in this thread for evidence) I am validated in my response.

Don't troll mate, its bad manners and just keep it to yourself.
This issue was happily resolved, everyone sorted it out in a clear, polite, adult manner! Don't bring the tone down to troll level!
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080+4