• 31(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080+
That did it black. Such a simple solution to an annoying problem. Thanks!
Is there support for latest episode for smartplaylist? Since I seperate my Anime from my tvshows, I can't use the default tvshow menu and if available, the default latest episode widget because it willl also include anime.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Added option to show visualization on home screen(s)

Added new Poster and Cover views from Xperience1080
  • Renamed old Poster view to Classic Poster
  • Renamed old Cover view to Classic Cover

Available on Github
Added support for Library Editor script

Available on Github
Hi crni,

i always thought music new albums tiles are a bit off with the small covers inside.
i did some quick mockup, what i think that will fits better.

but is up to you to decide.

Cheers
I agree that looks better.
It does however seem that the music section is a rather touchy subject for some reason?

I still think the biggest improvement would be to just bring in blacks version (which crni doesn't want to do?) or to make the music section to the EXACT same dimensions/specification at the weather section... Increase centre image etc... (using big icons/images mentioned above will also be an improvement).

Currently, I'm using a hybrid of both blacks and crnis versions at the moment that bypasses this issue, however, in my (and a few others opinion it seems) the music section is the part of this mod requiring most attention.

Also, @crni there is an incredible speed difference between blacks version and yours? His starts up immediately completely instantainusly, and each independent item on the home screen loads in the background... Your mod sits for apx 3/7 minutes on a loadijg screen as it loads scripts etc..

Are you considering implementing those changes into your mod? I only noticed this after moving back to blacks after he updated the music views. Unless I did something during my editing of his xmls Big Grin
(2013-03-12, 16:42)Middle Wrote: Hi crni,

i always thought music new albums tiles are a bit off with the small covers inside.

Cheers
it looks nice and easily doable but I already ported Blacks version (atm working on other stuff so I did not yet push it to the repo)

(2013-03-12, 17:22)PatrickBateman Wrote: Also, @crni there is an incredible speed difference between blacks version and yours? His starts up immediately completely instantainusly, and each independent item on the home screen loads in the background... Your mod sits for apx 3/7 minutes on a loadijg screen as it loads scripts etc..

Are you considering implementing those changes into your mod? I only noticed this after moving back to blacks after he updated the music views. Unless I did something during my editing of his xmls Big Grin
Nothing has changed regarding loading speed for me and I get splash screen for a few sec at the most and for now I have no plans of adding in screen progress.
(2013-03-12, 23:16)crni Wrote:
(2013-03-12, 16:42)Middle Wrote: Hi crni,

Cheers
it looks nice and easily doable but I already ported Blacks version (atm working on other stuff so I did not yet push it to the repo)

(2013-03-12, 17:22)PatrickBateman Wrote: Also, @crni there is an incredible speed difference between blacks version and yours? His starts up immediately completely instantainusly, and each independent item on the home screen loads in the background... Your mod sits for apx 3/7 minutes on a loadijg screen as it loads scripts etc..

Nothing has changed regarding loading speed for me and I get splash screen for a few sec at the most and for now I have no plans of adding in screen progress.

There is a definite contrast between loading times on both versions. With blacks version there is no loading screen what so ever?

Exit xbmc relaunch with your mod and I'm forced to wait for up to 7 minutes in some cases (usually 3 or so). Whatever black did really made a huge improvent on load times. It seems that the skin loads and then the spotlight etc load after the skin has loaded. This is great as it means we can still navigate the skin, view movies etc while this happens in the background. Having to wait for these scripts to run when looking at a load screen can be frustrating after a few minutes.

It may be worth a look at what he changed as it clearly made a huge speed difference and if it's easy to implement may be worth the few lines of code change, just saying.

Try them side by side and see. As I have a large library and hundreds of plugins perhaps it affects me more and takes longer, but if it affects 1 new comers may try the skin and think "forget that" it takes too long and move elsewhere. Surly it's flattering to have more eyes on the product.
(2013-03-13, 00:26)PatrickBateman Wrote: Exit xbmc relaunch with your mod and I'm forced to wait for up to 7 minutes in some cases (usually 3 or so). Whatever black did really made a huge improvent on load times. It seems that the skin loads and then the spotlight etc load after the skin has loaded. This is great as it means we can still navigate the skin, view movies etc while this happens in the background. Having to wait for these scripts to run when looking at a load screen can be frustrating after a few minutes.

It may be worth a look at what he changed as it clearly made a huge speed difference and if it's easy to implement may be worth the few lines of code change, just saying.

Try them side by side and see. As I have a large library and hundreds of plugins perhaps it affects me more and takes longer, but if it affects 1 new comers may try the skin and think "forget that" it takes too long and move elsewhere. Surly it's flattering to have more eyes on the product.
Like I said both skins loads in matter if seconds and always have been. As far as I can see Black removed custom startup splash and added progress on home screen and that should not affect performance. Old startup with splash progress basically was waiting for skin.widgets to load and if I remove it then skin loads all the same with only difference is that I see blank spotlight, ongoing...etc until few sec later widget kicks in. IMO you should check your skin. widget setup why it takes so long to load.
(2013-03-13, 00:40)crni Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 00:26)PatrickBateman Wrote: Exit xbmc relaunch with your mod and I'm forced to wait for up to 7 minutes in some cases (usually 3 or so). Whatever black did really made a huge improvent on load times. It seems that the skin loads and then the spotlight etc load after the skin has loaded. This is great as it means we can still navigate the skin, view movies etc while this happens in the background. Having to wait for these scripts to run when looking at a load screen can be frustrating after a few minutes.

Like I said both skins loads in matter if seconds and always have been. As far as I can see Black removed custom startup splash and added progress on home screen and that should not affect performance. Old startup with splash progress basically was waiting for skin.widgets to load and if I remove it then skin loads all the same with only difference is that I see blank spotlight, ongoing...etc until few sec later widget kicks in. IMO you should check your skin. widget setup why it takes so long to load.

Hi,

Yea the performance of the skin is exactly the same, what I mean is the time it takes to get to the home screen. I do have a large library, I can't help that, and now I have over 400 plugins etc installed and in use (all that update automatically most likely during startup).

With black skin, I can navigate the skin/xbmc immediately while all this happens in the background, however with your mod I am forced to wait ... Wait.... Wait... Until the load screen disappears.

While I agree on your HTPC it may be quick, but I am only providing feedback that blacks skin loads to the home screen super fast, while your mod takes me to a load screen and I am forced to wait sometimes up to 7 minutes.

For those with a large library or many plugins could/would it not be good to perhaps cater for them and not force them to wait watching a load screen for 7 minutes.

I can record and post to YouTube if you desire?

I will launch xbmc from the desktop using blacks skin...
You will see an Immediate to home screen while the recent/new etc load independently allowing me to still use the skin etc...

I will then goto settings, change skin to 1080+ and exit xbmc
I will relaunch from the desktop (same xbmc/same/settings/same HTPC etc etc) and you will see I am stuck on a load screen for apx 3/7 minutes depending on what needs updating etc...

I'm not moaning, I'm hopefully providing you with an oversight that could be resolved for those of us with large library's, which black seems to have overcome and really is something that would benefit many users even of added as an option...

Perhaps an option in skin settings to "load immediately to home screen"

Again, I can't be the only one who has this delay, I'm sure black perhaps had his reasons for making the improvement?

Anyway, it is your choice of course, I am merely trying to help with some feedback.
I can confirm this issue. Startscreen takes a lot of time until it switches to the main menu. I was thinking that it might be related to the PVR-support (starting tv-headend backend and client, waiting for the channels and the EPG to load etc.). But when I press the "back"-button on my remote I am taken to the main menu at once. Moduls and EPG continues to load in the background then (some messages showing up). So it seems there just is an issue with the startscreen not proceeding to the main menu automatically.

Brgds,

FantasticN
(2013-03-13, 09:38)PatrickBateman Wrote: With black skin, I can navigate the skin/xbmc immediately while all this happens in the background, however with your mod I am forced to wait ... Wait.... Wait... Until the load screen disappears.

I'll look into it but Splash screen is purely cosmetic and you can always hit back or esc to skip directly to home...
(2013-03-13, 11:09)crni Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 09:38)PatrickBateman Wrote: With black skin, I can navigate the skin/xbmc immediately while all this happens in the background, however with your mod I am forced to wait ... Wait.... Wait... Until the load screen disappears.

I'll look into it but Splash screen is purely cosmetic and you can always hit back or esc to skip directly to home...

Thanks for looking Into this, I agree pressing back is an Option, but for kids/wife visitors etc thy don't always know to do this. Blacks instant version feels very appliance like and Immediate and lets me, users, guests, family into the action immediately without having to use a workaround.

Hopefully you can counteract the issue for those of us who this affects.
Best regards,
Pat
(2013-03-13, 12:33)PatrickBateman Wrote: Thanks for looking Into this, I agree pressing back is an Option, but for kids/wife visitors etc thy don't always know to do this. Blacks instant version feels very appliance like and Immediate and lets me, users, guests, family into the action immediately without having to use a workaround.

That's the exact reason why I changed it. Not everyone knows that 'esc' works and if skin widgets takes an unusual long time to load or the ok dialog pops up if some add-on is marked as broken, the loading screen won't go away. It's just a bad solution I added some time ago because the current solution didn't work.
(2013-03-13, 14:07)`Black Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 12:33)PatrickBateman Wrote: Thanks for looking Into this, I agree pressing back is an Option, but for kids/wife visitors etc thy don't always know to do this. Blacks instant version feels very appliance like and Immediate and lets me, users, guests, family into the action immediately without having to use a workaround.

That's the exact reason why I changed it. Not everyone knows that 'esc' works and if skin widgets takes an unusual long time to load or the ok dialog pops up if some add-on is marked as broken, the loading screen won't go away. It's just a bad solution I added some time ago because the current solution didn't work.

yes I figured as much but problem is I have two more home screens and current solution takes care only for metro home.
Ah well I guess it wont be that much of a problem as widgets are initially hidden on classic and horizontal screens
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080+4