• 32(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080+
I' m hoping that crni take your solution! it seems fine to me...
cheers
still I do not get how it could take 7min (!) to load widgets... I have 100 shows with 4000 episodes, 1000 movies and 10 000 songs and it still takes few sec for me with all of the widgets enabled
Yes, that's definitely not normal.
(2013-03-13, 14:24)crni Wrote: still I do not get how it could take 7min (!) to load widgets... I have 100 shows with 4000 episodes, 1000 movies and 10 000 songs and it still takes few sec for me with all of the widgets enabled

Perhaps it is something do do with what black mentions, if the "ok" dialog box appears the loading screen doesn't go away (or takes much longer to do so).

I usually get incredibly long loading times when updates are occurring at the same time as launch (which is normally every other day).

If a skin breaks immediately on launch, because another plugin updated at the same time, my visitors, kids etc don't know wht to do to remove the screen... So thy wait... And wait... And it does go eventually but some times it can take an absolute age.

I'll film it and YouTube it if you wish?
I have currently over 400 apps installed and maybe 50 different repos and scripts etc, numerous rss feeds with weather, news etc... It takes a while I can assure you...
With blacks version though, this happens without me noticing as I get into the skin immediately and it just works away while I am pottering around my menus. Very nice indeed.
(2013-03-13, 14:46)PatrickBateman Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 14:24)crni Wrote: still I do not get how it could take 7min (!) to load widgets... I have 100 shows with 4000 episodes, 1000 movies and 10 000 songs and it still takes few sec for me with all of the widgets enabled

Perhaps it is something do do with what black mentions, if the "ok" dialog box appears the loading screen doesn't go away (or takes much longer to do so).

I usually get incredibly long loading times when updates are occurring at the same time as launch (which is normally every other day).
no need to film it... I'll merge Blacks changes but until then you can simply copy Blacks startup.xml which will load you directly to home.
(2013-03-13, 15:25)crni Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 14:46)PatrickBateman Wrote:

no need to film it... I'll merge Blacks changes but until then you can simply copy Blacks startup.xml which will load you directly to home.

Fantastic,
Thanks crni Smile
Added new music panel layout from Xperience1080

Added Landscape view for Pictures

Separated Landscape views for Movies and TV Shows
  • Now it's possible to toggle plot separately for movies and shows
  • Requires re-setting Landscape view if already in use

Removed splash loading screen and added skin widget progress on metro home screen panels

Available on Github
Do I need to remover GUI settings etc as I seem to have issues with certain buttons etc working in reverse.

When I enable "Show power button" it disables the power button?
When i enable "Show option button" it does nothing amd no option is displayed?

Edit:
Show profile button also is reverse for me?

Edit 2:
The transparency of the music section user configurable tile is more (lighter) than that of the rest of the icons? Meaning when I use a standard skin icon, that particular tile is much much lighter than the rest of the skin.

It's not convenient for me to remove GUI settings at the moment (currently doing library maintance) so can't reboot to test one fresh GUI settings, but is this just me or a skin bug?
Crni didn't merge the new translations, I changed some setting labels.
Thanks black,
Hopefully crni will get time to merge these fixes/changes.

Thanks for letting me know, at least I can keep my GUI settings Smile
(2013-03-14, 15:11)PatrickBateman Wrote: When I enable "Show power button" it disables the power button?
When i enable "Show option button" it does nothing amd no option is displayed?

(2013-03-14, 15:45)`Black Wrote: Crni didn't merge the new translations, I changed some setting labels.
I did not made any changes to button settings at all and both buttons work as expected for me:

Weird... Even the wording is not the same on the one I pulled from the latest git? Mine says "show power button (does not effect home screen)?

My GUI settings must be borked!

Hmm...
Yes show power button is the new label, I reversed some settings. The actual setting bools aren't changed but it's now show instead of hide. I guess you switched skins, that would explain the wrong label. If 2 skins use the same localization ids, XBMC uses the string from the skin which was loaded first.
(2013-03-14, 16:15)`Black Wrote: Yes show power button is the new label, I reversed some settings. The actual setting bools aren't changed but it's now show instead of hide. I guess you switched skins, that would explain the wrong label.

just out of the curiosity why ? IMO old settings make more sense to me...

e.g.
Power button is visible by default so it makes sense to have setting to change default value
Because now it's like this:

Radio button on = show / visible / enabled
Radio button off = hide / hidden / disabled

So you can quickly see which settings are on and which are off. Previously this was not the case.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080+4