• 37(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080+
heres a screenie of how it looks.

i just need a new overlay for videos etc that basically darkens/dims the center horizon of the background and nothing more. Basically so when I enter "movies" the only change is a light dimming of the centre horizon of this image to avoide and clash with landscape view etc.

I'm quite happy with it, again it's a Very personal thing I suppose.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Added option to enable stage throughout the skin

Available on Github
What you mean with "stage"Huh?
(2013-03-25, 08:25)barney stinsen Wrote: What you mean with "stage"Huh?

what do you mean 'What you mean with stage' ?
You added option to show "stage", but on the pictures i don´t see what you mean with "stage". What is that?
Hey Barney,
Its the grey shadow (floor) that sits below the floating items.
It makes them look like they are floating above a "stage", rather than just in mid air, if you look carefully you will see a small shadow making it appear like its footing just above that grey "stage" Smile

Personally, it's a tad too "grey" for me.
yes it gives a slightly different look... I already have it for Classic home so it was an easy fix.
  • here is 'no stage' screenshot for comparison

ok, now i see what that means. Looks a little bit better.
(2013-03-25, 09:10)PatrickBateman Wrote: Personally, it's a tad too "grey" for me.
Nice touch crni! Though like PatrickBateman said: it's a bit to bright for me as well Wink Maybe invert the stage colors? I mean: the horizontal 'line' / 'shadow' a little bit brighter grey and the surrounding image black / untouched? But hey, just a thought Smile
hey guys
first of all a question @PatrickBateman:

How did you create the movie collection tile? Could not get it working to create a smartplaylist which only shows the collectionfolders.

then i have made a little lighter version of the skin just by changing some PNGs and added a sort of CMYK Theme.

Perhaps someone is interested in these files then i will upload them seperately.

Hi, i'm a bit confused with adding the theme..
If i just download and use the zip file (which i've done), will I still get updates like normal skins? Because it seems like i dont have a lot of the features listed under the Github bit on page 1..
If not, do i have to add the "Github repo"? WIll that update the skin automatically when an update is available?

Sorry for being such a noob but thanks

EDIT:
Don't answer that. Just went through the whole thread and found out that i have to update manually via the Github repo..a bit long but worth it! Just wondering though, why is there not a repo for this?

Adore this theme btw!
(2013-03-25, 21:38)Saste Wrote: hey guys

How did you create the movie collection tile? Could not get it working to create a smartplaylist which only shows the collectionfolders.

then i have made a little lighter version of the skin just by changing some PNGs and added a sort of CMYK Theme.

Perhaps someone is interested in these files then i will upload them seperately.

Hey,
The collections tile was made simply by using the "sets" category built directly into xbmc. It works perfectly for me, I add custom Posters and Fanart and set it to landscape poster view. it looks wonderful and works perfectly, all my movie collections are there, they all have the correct Posters/Fanart etc and upon entering each collection, my view changes to landscape where custom Fanart is displayed long with the description of each movie.

Little no no effort of setup was required Wink

I like your theme, it's fun, you should upload this as a theme or for users to download. I'd certainly take it, it looks nice and bright and summery/fresh. My current setup is very dark, simple "lite" and I've made a few changes such as custom backdrops, overlays, tile colours etc too but yours is great.

Get it up up loaded Big Grin

To the guy who PMd me re: the random movie script, this was an old script that el_p and I came up with back when we were actively working on Cirrus Extended with butchabay, however the script stopped working after frodo was released.

Good news is el_p has updated it for Frodo and it works wonderfully. I'm going to talk to him in the coming days to see if we can get the random trailers etc back too as that was a very classy little feature, it made many visitors "oohhhh" and "aaahhhh" whe they saw it in action.

I miss those days, we had such fun creating and working that skin, I loved every minute that I worked on it with butchabay and el_p ... They are 2 of the best/nicest guys ive ever had the pleasure to work with (and meet) on xbmc.org and in life in general Big Grin I'm proud to have my name in the CE credits as its a pure work of art from one of the nicest guys, and most talented skinners Ive ever met! (although we have never met afk) Rofl

You will find the script in the cirrus thread,
Link in my sig Big Grin
Hey Saste, your theme looks great. I´m interested in your icons. Where did you get them?

BTW, are you in the german xbmcnerds forum?

Hi, how did you change the color on the homescreen tiles. the blue, pink and yellow ? Looks awesome.
(2013-03-26, 11:22)vacdk Wrote:

Hi, how did you change the color on the homescreen tiles. the blue, pink and yellow ? Looks awesome.
tiles are located in home folder so it's easy to replace them
PHP Code:
skin.xperience1080+\media\windows\home
PHP Code:
tile-blue.png
tile
-green.png
tile
-red.png
tile
-orange.png 
  • 37(current)