• 11(current)
Android Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!
(2013-04-18, 15:15)GortWillSaveUs Wrote:
(2013-04-18, 12:48)jevgenijo Wrote: Hi Guys,
what are the pros and cons buying this device?
I found there is most recent firmware (28 03 2013 http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=86 ) which solves audio sync issues in the XBMC.
After all, maybe it's worth trying?

Why are you posting this message to multiple threads?
Oh right,..I forgot,..you're one of their sales lackeys.

You are not right. I posted the message to multiple threads, because I'm trying to understand, why there is so many negative feedback about this device. You are right, I'm a retailer of android gadgets and I'm collecting the information about this device, because I've got a good contact with the Shirley from Visson. I wasn't advertising our web site. I just pointed that there is most recent upgrade available, which solves many issues.
They added the heatsink in the latest hardware and now it doesn't hang. As well XBMC plays 720 & 1080p well and the Visson is putting all effort to put the device to next level.
I understand why they don't wan't to open the source - if they do, then in one month you going to see 20x new devices from other manufacturers. I think you know that very well.

Is Geniatech much better with the XBMC than the Prometheus?
Prometheus is a doomed device here,
you could be banned just by naming it.....

lol
oh no not again.....
Merged the separate threads....
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It also needs a move to the garbage.
(2013-04-18, 20:58)jevgenijo Wrote: They added the heatsink in the latest firmware and now it doesn't hang

This really denotes that you know what you are talking about. Not everybody can add a heatsink to a firmware. Some real engineers are working there! Cool
Wink 
(2013-04-19, 13:12)PatrickVogeli Wrote:
(2013-04-18, 20:58)jevgenijo Wrote: They added the heatsink in the latest firmware and now it doesn't hang

This really denotes that you know what you are talking about. Not everybody can add a heatsink to a firmware. Some real engineers are working there! Cool

Sorry, I meant hardware Tongue
(2013-04-18, 20:58)jevgenijo Wrote:
(2013-04-18, 15:15)GortWillSaveUs Wrote:
(2013-04-18, 12:48)jevgenijo Wrote: Hi Guys,
what are the pros and cons buying this device?
I found there is most recent firmware (28 03 2013 http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=86 ) which solves audio sync issues in the XBMC.
After all, maybe it's worth trying?

Why are you posting this message to multiple threads?
Oh right,..I forgot,..you're one of their sales lackeys.

You are not right. I posted the message to multiple threads, because I'm trying to understand, why there is so many negative feedback about this device. You are right, I'm a retailer of android gadgets and I'm collecting the information about this device, because I've got a good contact with the Shirley from Visson. I wasn't advertising our web site. I just pointed that there is most recent upgrade available, which solves many issues.
They added the heatsink in the latest hardware and now it doesn't hang. As well XBMC plays 720 & 1080p well and the Visson is putting all effort to put the device to next level.
I understand why they don't wan't to open the source - if they do, then in one month you going to see 20x new devices from other manufacturers. I think you know that very well.

Is Geniatech much better with the XBMC than the Prometheus?
Visson hasn't followed GPL2 rules by making their sources publicly available. Until they do, I wouldn't bother with their stuff.
If a box plays the standard XBMC perfectly and no modifications are made.. is the company still required to post anything under the GPL2 licence?

Quote:Visson hasn't followed GPL2 rules by making their sources publicly available. Until they do, I wouldn't bother with their stuff.
For XBMC they're fine, but they use other GPL code.
(2013-07-10, 01:44)Packetcrypt Wrote: If a box plays the standard XBMC perfectly and no modifications are made.. is the company still required to post anything under the GPL2 licence?

Quote:Visson hasn't followed GPL2 rules by making their sources publicly available. Until they do, I wouldn't bother with their stuff.

I believe their kernel and uBoot stuff should be released as it is GPL-ed code?
They are obliged on request to give a user the source for any gpl software they ship, including xbmc. If they ship stock xbmc from github they can point the user to github.
Just got 8 units from Geekbuying and they seem to now have 2 different builds of the 4G version, 1 with IR photodiode fitted and 1 without.
Anybody know which Vishay photodiode they use in their units ??
i.e. the TSOP device number - thanks
Hi,

I bought one device from geekbuying. I does works fine with xbmc, reading any type of files, with very few lags. I really like this device.
hi,
Have you tried xbmc 13.1 and 13.2?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!0