• 3(current)
Android Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!
(2013-01-16, 16:19)Ned Scott Wrote: It has class 8 support for photon torpedoes

I have been waiting for this for a long time. Still waiting on the skateboard from Back to the Future 2 though... Anyone know where I can find one?

Will be getting one of these boxes for testing it soon, maybe during next week. Really interested how the XBMC 1080p HW decoding works as Im planning to replace my ATV2 with it if it works. How do I control the box? Doesent look like any remote is supplied with it, but maybe I can use my Harmony One?
i'd control it a MELE F10 air mouse remote keyboard
New firmware for the Prometheus came out.
It now supports usb bluetooth adapters.
I'm still waiting on XBMC support, and for them to actually fix the AC3/DTS decoding issues over PCM....hdmi passthrough works great(except my HDTV doesn't do DTS decoding).

The prometheus is getting better, but it still doesn't hold a candle to the little quad core stick I have. XBMC support will really make that much of a difference to me.
Does anyone have this STB working properly? I am very dissapointed with it (Should have done better research) I have been emailing the manufacturer with little success. Thier last response pointed me to xbmcandroid.com's download page....reallyHuh? nothing like insulting the semi educated consumer.
I asked real questions and was looking for real answers.....has not happened!
Any reccomendations out thereHuh keep it and wait or send it back...it has potential, but how long will it be till it comes close to my PI?
Next product will be from a supporter of XBMC and open source programming, not one that profits off the backs of others .
(2013-01-16, 16:31)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Looks awfully similar to the starship in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=151260

(2012-12-31, 10:29)deadhp1 Wrote: They've promised XBMC support(with hardware decoding).

How does that work? Is the company giving a big donation to the XBMC team? Have they assigned developers? How does a hardware vendor promise XBMC support?

Not being snarky ... I am genuinely curious what the process is for this kind of promise.

Which reminds me that I need to donate.

I bet there using the source Pivos paid for. Check out this article on hackaday

http://hackaday.com/2013/01/22/xbmc-work...eleration/

(2013-01-27, 22:21)deadhp1 Wrote: The prometheus is getting better, but it still doesn't hold a candle to the little quad core stick I have.

Which quad-core stick? the GK802? reviews are for the most part bad on youtube,,,

i think the prome theus box will be great once XBMC runs without flaw and when they'll fix the AC3/DTS decoding issues over PCM..

about the looks of it, well, its a love it or hate it thing...

from my point of view, i like it Tongue
Got my Tronsmart today, but no luck with any XBMC builds to get HW decoding of videos.
(2013-01-16, 16:19)Ned Scott Wrote: It has class 8 support for photon torpedoes

Nice!!! Always love a Star Trek reference.

"You fix our ship,...make us go" (Okay, so that's STTNG)

Looks like this Prometheus,..may be as disappointing as the movie by the same name.
I received new firmware for the Prometheus today. Fixes the AC3 audio problem, but the DTS audio problem still exists.(1 second static, 2 seconds audio)
Next firmware will hopefully fix it.
(2013-02-01, 11:22)deadhp1 Wrote: I received new firmware for the Prometheus today. Fixes the AC3 audio problem, but the DTS audio problem still exists.(1 second static, 2 seconds audio)

Are u decoding the audio on the Prometheus? Im not getting pass through of AC3/DTS audio via HDMI to my reciver to work even when I have audio settings in android set to hdmi pass through it sends the audio as PCM after booting the Prometheus. If I then set chose HDMI pass through again and try to play a mkv with DTS or AC3 I just get a constant static noice in from the reciver when playing the videos in MX Player. When I play the same videos in XBMC with the libstagefright builds I get the audio passed correctly to the reciver, but I dont get any picture at all.
And what did we say about libstagefright and AmLogic devices ?
(2013-02-01, 13:48)davilla Wrote: And what did we say about libstagefright and AmLogic devices ?

Not a clue Smile probably that it wont work I'm guessing. So the hope is to get amlplayer hw decoding working like the ATV1200 can run Pivos XBMC builds? But those arent working on the Tronsmart box, crasches right away when trying to play video.
Build it yourself, Pivos binarys are not guaranteed to work on non-Pivos hw boxes.
(2013-02-01, 12:15)fremar Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 11:22)deadhp1 Wrote: I received new firmware for the Prometheus today. Fixes the AC3 audio problem, but the DTS audio problem still exists.(1 second static, 2 seconds audio)

Are u decoding the audio on the Prometheus? Im not getting pass through of AC3/DTS audio via HDMI to my reciver to work even when I have audio settings in android set to hdmi pass through it sends the audio as PCM after booting the Prometheus. If I then set chose HDMI pass through again and try to play a mkv with DTS or AC3 I just get a constant static noice in from the reciver when playing the videos in MX Player. When I play the same videos in XBMC with the libstagefright builds I get the audio passed correctly to the reciver, but I dont get any picture at all.

Generally the audio static problem has been with decoding the AC3 and DTS on the prometheus. They fixed the AC3 problem.
HDMI passthrough is working for me just fine. No static for either audio streams.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!0