• 6(current)
Android Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!
(2013-03-02, 01:05)eskro Wrote: @psxwizz: altho you have only 1post in this forum, i own one of those box and its a total disaster

buyers beware of this android box!!

I SAY DO NOT BUY!

support for it is non-existent except for a useless facebook page!
look here --> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tronsmart-...0955686030
many complaints about bugs!

and the box overheats when playing games like Angry Birds which ends up FREEZING
the whole system requiring a hard reboot start over!!

you need to do a MOD like shown --> http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/...133&t=1340
to try to prevent heating issues!!

can't even play games for 15 minutes without it freezing on me!! crazy overheat
and the cpu doesn't have a heatsink on it so,
its simply terribly designed!!

its AV port simply doesn't work and they know it, and they won't fix it.

about this so called xbmc 1080P hardware decode firmware they just released
read more --> http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/...131&t=1683

Also note that they've been asked to respect the GPL license by releasing the source code to users who requested it
and they won't give it to them, and that's a total violation!!
read the saga here --> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1302395
user named Vissontech is a representative of the company...

do you really want to put yourself in such a stress??

definitely AVOID this box!! Keep the money in your pocket!!
Sounds like he works for Prometheus.
looks like it, just 1 post in here and its in the tronsmart prometheus board, lol
Like i stated if you want if for XBMC not angr birds lol it works fine as i have tested this unit, there is a few bugs but the company have stated a new firmware will be released withine the next week or two fixing most of them
This looks like a new company with a new product, You will have bugs with new products, but at least they are trying to address them
unlike most other android media boxes on the market,

Also my av works fine so you must have a duff unit, send it back
No i don't work for them, i am someone that purchased one for testing their hardware
You are right about the gpl licence, that is shocking
What i do find on boards is more whiners then productiveness
But don't forget the amount of bugs pivos has on their units, go on buy one of theirs, then you will complain like crazy
I know i have one lol
There can not be no bugs in any new item, especially Android, as its short history on XBMC with only about half year, clients please be patient with us, we are sparing no efforts to offer you better service.

Thos who do not like it, Sorry for did not meet your demand, you can just go away to Pivos and get their device, as refered above bugs, there is not 100% perfect, but at least we are working with it, sure to solve it, leave us some time plz.
This latest xbmc firmware and own xbmc build do play 1080p without stuttering. But it only plays from sd or usb drive for me, just wont start playback from smb shares.

And still totally useless as a mediaplayer as it plays the sound out of sync on every mkv. And still no working ac3/dts passthrough to the reciever over hdmi. So its still just a 99$ doorstop here....
So where are the sources of that xbmc build? Don't tell me they are violating the fourth GPL license!

Is the xbmc foundation taking actions?
Funny part it,
they keep deleting this guy's posts each time he talks about overheating issues
on their useless FACEBOOK support page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tronsmart-...0955686030

they don't want the world to know about the fact that this box can't play games
without it freezing on you!!

(2013-03-02, 04:55)Vissontech Wrote: There can not be no bugs in any new item, especially Android, as its short history on XBMC with only about half year, clients please be patient with us, we are sparing no efforts to offer you better service.

Thos who do not like it, Sorry for did not meet your demand, you can just go away to Pivos and get their device, as refered above bugs, there is not 100% perfect, but at least we are working with it, sure to solve it, leave us some time plz.

you should then specify clearly that this box can't play any games because of overheating issues!!!!

think about all the kids out there suffering because they can't play their favorite games!

shame on you!!
seems like a crappy pirated chinese device.. I'm afraid this is too common nowadays.

I also vote for a separate android and/or ARM forum.. this is getting ridicukous, every month there's a new TOP android device for under $100 which is absolutely great with XBMC running efortless and trouble free and, oh, wait, no... no so trouble free, but we are "very near",really!
(2013-03-03, 00:41)PatrickVogeli Wrote: seems like a crappy pirated chinese device.. I'm afraid this is too common nowadays.

Its definitely a crappy poorly designed overheating android device one should avoid buying!!
Sounds like you lot have the first generation of this box
I have the 2nd gen and do not suffer the problems your are talking about
The 2nd gen boxes come with a heatsink on them now
There is no freezing with games
AV is fine
The person that has lip sync issues with usb or sd with MKV, check the speed of the card you are using, mkv are very large files
I also had this problem and found with a usb hard drive it worked fine without lip sync issues, just with my class 4 micro sd card had this problem
as it was too slow when jumping to different parts of the film
(2013-03-03, 08:47)psxwizz Wrote: Sounds like you lot have the first generation of this box
AV is fine
The person that has lip sync issues with usb or sd with MKV, check the speed of the card you are using, mkv are very large files
I also had this problem and found with a usb hard drive it worked fine without lip sync issues, just with my class 4 micro sd card had this problem
as it was too slow when jumping to different parts of the film

How can one ensure that they receive the 2nd generation box when buying?
Just ask the seller, they should know what version they have, But the 2nd gen have only just started being shipped with heatsinks from the manufacture,
So i would be a bit careful at the moment, also there has been a few hardware modifiations with the 2nd gen, not just heatsinks put on them
It shows on tthe main board what gen it is, plus if it has a heatsink on the chip then you would also know,
unfotunatly that is the only way off telling as there is nothing on the housing showing which version it is
But like i said the company that you purchase one from should be able to tell you
(2013-03-03, 17:47)psxwizz Wrote: Just ask the seller, they should know what version they have, But the 2nd gen have only just started being shipped with heatsinks from the manufacture,
So i would be a bit careful at the moment, also there has been a few hardware modifiations with the 2nd gen, not just heatsinks put on them
It shows on tthe main board what gen it is, plus if it has a heatsink on the chip then you would also know,
unfotunatly that is the only way off telling as there is nothing on the housing showing which version it is
But like i said the company that you purchase one from should be able to tell you

Just like they should provide you with GPL sources no doubt... Sad
(2013-03-03, 08:47)psxwizz Wrote: Sounds like you lot have the first generation of this box
AV is fine

loosing 100$ is fun, if they would test their stuff before releasing it but hey,
money come's first huh!

AVOID EVEN THE SECOND GEN!!

P/S: i wonder what 3rd gen will fix lol
HAHAHAHA, so I guess the idea is wait until a bunch of unsuspecting people buy the defective 1st generation boxes, then pray that the 2nd generation boxes work as advertised... oh wait, the 1s gen boxes were also advertised as good. Sounds like good way to throw away money.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!0