• 8(current)
Android Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!
(2013-03-06, 06:13)psxwizz Wrote: Also i hear a lot about Pivos, Pivos M3 boxes are slow and usless for streaming 1080 MKV movies, they do stream it smooth for a few seconds, then stutter then smooth, then stutter, This can't be fixed because it uses 100% cpu usage to play them, (Hence the Linux release version that is not much better)

1) Show me the facts!
2) Who do you think coded the XBMC build they are using in the first place?
3) Who do you think is keep squeezing the bugs?
4) If it comes to XBMC on Amlogic there is currently only ONE BRANCH that is under development; https://github.com/Pivosgroup/xbmc
5) But I dare you to come with the prove to show us otherwise...

Eskro is really the only that is taking you serious / taking the bait. The rest including the Dev's do not even respond anymore to users like yourself; "Ignorance is a bliss"
(2013-03-06, 09:40)j1nx Wrote:
(2013-03-06, 06:13)psxwizz Wrote: Also i hear a lot about Pivos, Pivos M3 boxes are slow and usless for streaming 1080 MKV movies, they do stream it smooth for a few seconds, then stutter then smooth, then stutter, This can't be fixed because it uses 100% cpu usage to play them, (Hence the Linux release version that is not much better)

1) Show me the facts!
2) Who do you think coded the XBMC build they are using in the first place?
3) Who do you think is keep squeezing the bugs?
4) If it comes to XBMC on Amlogic there is currently only ONE BRANCH that is under development; https://github.com/Pivosgroup/xbmc
5) But I dare you to come with the prove to show us otherwise...

Eskro is really the only that is taking you serious / taking the bait. The rest including the Dev's do not even respond anymore to users like yourself; "Ignorance is a bliss"

Plus,...who would defend something as bad as this device turned out to be.
How dare that user even compare themselves to the big MOBO companies.
Um,....only someone that works for the company itself.
As I said before,...Prometheus turned out to be even more disappointing than the movie of the same name.
Unfortunately for eskro, he took a chance by buying this device,....but at least he's saving everyone else from the same mistake.
Bravo eskro! Always appreciate your help and assistance,...as well as you "tell it like it is" advice.
(2013-03-06, 14:37)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: Unfortunately for eskro, he took a chance by buying this device,....but at least he's saving everyone else from the same mistake.
Bravo eskro! Always appreciate your help and assistance,...as well as you "tell it like it is" advice.

My pleasure, when it good, its good, when its bad, its bad,

and the Prometheus is an EPIC FAIL Smile
(2013-03-06, 06:13)psxwizz Wrote: The company that have created this box have no shoddy business tactics,
They are a manufacture that have released a product, they are probably a relatively small company,
But unlike most manufactures of android smart boxes, they are trying to fix problems with the box they have released,
they are learning by mistakes, and doing what they can to rectify the mistakes,
Is this not a good thing from a Chinese manufacture, because from my own experience nearly every other Chinese manufacture do not offer much if not any support,

If this company is so good - where are they publishing their GPL sources again?

Pivos are the only people who appear to be complying with the GPL licensing requirements of the software they are using.
i think this prometheus box should be put to rest in the cemetery where it belongs
and mods should close this thread.

done deal,

R.I.P prometheus

Android 4.2 is coming for the prometheus soon. It should also fix the dts issue.
I'll post up a link when I get it.
So will a hammer Smile
(2013-03-09, 01:47)deadhp1 Wrote: Android 4.2 is coming for the prometheus soon. It should also fix the dts issue.
I'll post up a link when I get it.

Was supposed to come this week, but the week is over and no new update yet. A lot more than static on DTS decoded on the box needs fixing. HDMI passthrough to the receiver, no smb in xbmc, all mkv is audio out of sync etc, etc........
4.2 firmware is up!
http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/201...droid-4-2/

I just installed this and network play is fixed, dts is fixed.
I had some audio sync problems that I solved by changing the android sound settings to HDMI Passthrough and leaving the XBMC sound settings stock.
XBMC aspect ratio can be fixed by doing a chmod 777 /sys/class/video/axis

It's actually working really well so far.
Have installed the update on my box to. Plays 1080p mkv smooth from smb shares and DTS to the receiver works now. But audio is out off sync. Set android to passthrough, but out off sync still.
Got a first gen Promethius?
http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/...40&p=10634

'nuff said.
Ok...I know this purchase was NOT my best one. But I don't have deep pockets(divorce,lawyers..blah,blah blah) and would let to get this device to work. It actually seems to be getting better. Is there a simple fix to getting the audio to sync?? amount of offset etc? I have never had a lot of success setting the offset, probably not doing it right.
Sorry dev's I know this box is a sorry issue with you's.

I just want to use it for SMB shares at the moment....I assume if I use a video app and not XBMC I will have the same issue?

Thanks ALL
is this 4.2 firmware also fixing issues that the 4.1.2 firmware caused?

such as
-----------
. youtube app wouldn't play videos, black video screen and thats it
. google play store wouldn't open at all, would crash as soon as its launched

anyone can confirm if those 2 are now working?

and also, im not using a powered hub, i'm trying to use my USB Pen drive
to play movies off of it sometimes but,
prometheus only detects the SD card and not my Pen drives....

any of u had luck with your usb ports?
well, i need to find/buy a cooler for it
as i dont have nothing at home,,,

any ideas?

thx
You need to install youtube on the 4.2 firmware, and yes it does fix the black video screen..
Google play store seems to be working fine for me, but it also worked fine for me in the other firmwares.

As for external drives I've tested a 32GB Sandisk Cruzer pen drive, 8GB no name pen drive, a 320GB external Western Digital HD formatted to fat32, and a 1TB external Samsung HD formatted to NTFS.
They all worked for me.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!0