• 9(current)
Android Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!
which youtube version did u install?

i like the 3D wall one, not the mobile one playstore has....

thx
(2013-03-12, 05:57)eskro Wrote: which youtube version did u install?

thx

Then you'll need to download this one

http://www.androiddrawer.com/7215/downlo...T75B8MYbxB
(2013-03-12, 11:33)bluepeter Wrote:

thx

where's the 3D wall on that one? thx
Eskro,
Do you have the audio sync issue fixed in XBMC? are we able to fix ourselves or just waiting a new version/firmware?

Side note:
Being playing angry birds for an hour...no freezing...damn addicting game Smile
(2013-03-13, 01:33)cormad Wrote: Eskro,
Do you have the audio sync issue fixed in XBMC? are we able to fix ourselves or just waiting a new version/firmware?

had no time to play with xbmc yet :/

(2013-03-13, 01:33)cormad Wrote: Being playing angry birds for an hour...no freezing...damn addicting game Smile

does your prometheus have an heatsink on the SoC??
People actually bought this after seeing it? Shocked
Look new firmware out, with DTS fix plus now plays over smb

Seems they are being productive and plays MKV's a lot smoother then Pivos (obviously as a lot faster)
Still a few bugs but getting there

As for the complainers, keep complaining as that is generally what you get more of then anything else on forums
Oh and check Pivos forum, lots of complaining there also, so don't try to make out they are good unit's i had one and they are not
People that are happy do not bother posting, only the ones that like to moan
That is what is so bad about forums, 99% complaining 1% productiveness
The audio sync is really bad, also it changes during playback so I haven't been able to start a video and set a audio offset to get it synced.
Well, you can call it what you want, but the reality is that:

-They don't share sources of their XBMC build -> they have to because the GPLv2 tells them so
-They seem to ignore DTS and Dolby license, which was the source of the problem playing those formats
-They just take work of the others and sell it as they were doing any R+D..
-We won't talk about the serious showstopper bug that is that their v1 device overheated badly.. this kind of bugs shouldn't be on a final problem, any serious testing would have goten those problems.

Sure PIVOS has issues too, but at least they seem to be a serious company which is trying hard to overcome there. There are too many vendors who are selling "XBMC boxes" that are just waiting for PIVOS to fix this and that.

And to me, right now, it's clear that who really wants XBMC buys an x86. ARM devices still have a large way to go until they are close to x86 builds. There's also the problem of the ever changing platforms an so. But, that is a personal opinion / view.
(2013-03-13, 01:01)eskro Wrote:
(2013-03-12, 11:33)bluepeter Wrote:

thx

where's the 3D wall on that one? thx

Its the version I'm running on my TP, it has the 3d wall as you put it.
(2013-03-13, 06:31)psxwizz Wrote: That is what is so bad about forums, 99% complaining 1% productiveness

If you mean that it also applies to the XBMC forum, I'd greatly disagree.
The XBMC forum is probably the best I've ever seen or used.
I'd actually turn your percentages around for the XBMC forum,...99% productiveness, and only 1% complaining.
and I'd say even the 1% is more frustration over a problem someone is experiencing and not really complaining.
If you disagree, you haven't spent much time here.

If you meant this thread,....then I'd have to agree,..but then usually,..when so many people have a problem with
something,..then there's usually something fishy in Denmark.
Yeah its been totally useless as a media player and still is because of the audiosync that makes it impossible to watch video. Havent really bothered to test if its stable or overheats and hangs. Have modified mine with a heatsink from a old motherboard and when I had it open I put electric tape over the 4 horrible colored diods so I dont have to see them flashing all the time Smile Have modified the remote.conf to so I can control it with my harmony touch remote. But cant use it for XBMC as long as the audio cant be synced to the video....
(2013-03-13, 06:31)psxwizz Wrote: Look new firmware out, with DTS fix plus now plays over smb

Seems they are being productive and plays MKV's a lot smoother then Pivos (obviously as a lot faster)
Still a few bugs but getting there
You're not getting it - the issue is they are breaching the terms of the licence under which this software is released. They are taking the work of others, including the "real money investment" of companies such as Pivos and not feeding back anything productive. If you see nothing wrong with that then I pity the future of opensource software. When this company feeds back to the project on github, or makes a generous donation to the xbmc foundation, or pressures the SoC manufacturers into opensourcing their drivers - they will become useful, productive members of the xbmc community. Till that time they are in breach of the GPL and getting "rich" of other peoples time and money. Anyone purchasing the unit is simply supporting that.
will try thanks!
Pivos only plough money into development so they can overprice their unit's which are worth about $30 trade, i heard they gave everyone in the xbmc development team a pivos box free so they can work on the xbmc for it,
Only what i saw on statement somewhere so how true that is i don't know
This sounds like a company that do it for one future aim, lots of $$$, funny that as xbmc is freeware
So one unit out of hundreds of android unit's get xbmc attention, That is not good practice for freeware software
oh as for licenses ect... and the legal side of things
You do realise that most people are only interested in xbmc for all their lovely addons that show completely illegal live streams of movies, sports ect...
So talking about the legal side of licenses is a bit of a joke,
If it wasn't for the content that can be played then there wouldn't be the amount of interest in XBMC
And Pivos would not put any money into the development of the box and XBMC
So all the talk about breach of license and money investment is nothing but hypercritical considering what 99% of people interested in these want them for
Block all these addons so they do not work, then we would see the real interest in Pivos Development,
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!0