Best Backend for the HDHomerun Prime?
I've not had any luck getting stable performance out of the HDHomeRun Prime on Frodo RC2

I have 2 different boxes that run OpenELEC: Intel NUC and Xtream Ultra2

Have tried:
-TVHeadEnd
-NextPVR
-MythTV [using MythBuntu]

I've never been able to maps channels with TVHeadend, both NextPVR and MythTV have successfully scanned channels, however, when I change channels it is incredibly slow, 10-20 seconds, also experience freeze-ups which require a hardboot

Has anyone found a successful backend for HDHomeRun Prime? If so, what are you using?
(2012-12-31, 15:44)macrho Wrote: also experience freeze-ups which require a hardboot
This is most like some driver issue, or hardware stability issue, rather than just buggy PVR backend.

I'm using MythTV 0.25 with HDHomeRUN Prime and a nightly XBMC. No problems here. Channel changes are about 3 - 4 seconds, but there really is no way to fix that.
I am using a HDHR Prime with NextPVR. I was having the same problems along with some other ones. I went through the nPVR forum and found the lastest patches to add, and it made a world of a difference. No more freezing and I can actually change channels with no problem in XBMC.
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...arted-info
I have installed all the latest patches but still can't get it run to reliably (some channels don't tune, other times the box simply locks up)
How much of a beast is it to install MythTV 0.25 on a Windows box? Not sure of other options (never was able to get TVHeadend to work either)
mythtv backend probably won't run on windows, due to lack of drivers.

Although having said that a hdhr doesn't need much of a driver as it is a simple network connection, not sure if the same applies to a hdhr prime.

PS if you want to set up an HDHR Prime with mythtv, the mythtv-users mailing list is a FAR better place to ask!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Backend for the HDHomerun Prime?0