Music Playlist Party Add On / App
With the new years hours away, I was looking for a way to allow my party guests to easily select songs from my music library and add them to my currently running playlist. I haven't found anything so this may be a project for another party but here is my vision of how this could work.

Here is the ideal vision of this setup:
- I pre-select a smart playlist to get the party started
- I setup my Guest wifi network to allow my guests to connect their smart phones to my password protected guest network
- As my guests arrive, they can scan a QR code on their phone that will take them to either a web interface of my XBMC player or to an App that can connect back to my XBMC player
- They can then can see the currently playing song and rate it
- They can see upcoming songs in the playlist (10-100?)
- They can then browse my library and select songs they want to listen to
- When the currently playing song finishes, the player plays the guest selected songs. When the guest selected songs are finished playing, the player reverts to the previously saved smart playlist.

Neat features to have:
- Admin control of qty of songs allowed to be select by a single user
- An admin login to the guest portal for me or others to remove a guest selected song outright.
- When new songs are added, the guest selections playlist is shuffled
- Guests can vote a song in the playlist up or down and this will move the song up one or down one per guest.

Just a dream of how XMBC can be made really interactive in a party environment .
Music 
This is an amazing idea, I would love to be able to do this, not just for new year as you say, but just having friends over.
I really hope somebody picks this up

Gary
Awesome idea, really thats pretty cool. Sounds like it would need to be a custom web interface.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Playlist Party Add On / App0