Win Is a Kworld ub435-q USB tuner compatible with any backends?
Hello all,

As my title suggest, I have been having trouble getting most of the PVR backends to successfully scan for channels with this tuner. I was wondering if anyone had successfully gotten this tuner to work with NextPVR, Mediaportal, or ForTheRecord. I tried both NextPVR and Mediaportal and the tuner is recognized, but when I scan for channels, nothing comes up. I get the feeling that there is an issue with the driver simply not being compatible with these programs. The tuner works fine in Windows Media Center. I have read that it is possible that MCE is taking priority over the drivers and I may need to disable them before the Kworld tuner can be scanned in any of the other programs. Can anyone help me out with this problem?
I have one of these and it worked fine with mediaportal.
Use the sw that came with it to view tv, if you cannot,
Then you are enlightened.
I've used it with NextPVR, it works. It helps to know what channels are available and where they're being broadcast from, so you know where to point your antenna.

Note that I have NOT used it (yet) with XBMC.
I've now used it with both Argus-TV and MediaPortal. I've used XBMC as the frontent to Argus. It all works quite fine, but there's a couple gotchas (reset the graph when idle, and up the tuning time).

For $25 shipped, it's pretty affordable, but I think it's pretty far from the most ideal hardware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is a Kworld ub435-q USB tuner compatible with any backends?0