What is XBMCbuntu?
I have an ASUS EB1501 (1.6 GHz Atom with NVIDIA ION graphics card) running Win7 32-bit.

I installed V12 "Frodo", but I'm now looking at XBMCbuntu on the download page noticing where it shows "AMD - Intel/NVIDIA" under its icon.

All that is inside it are ISO files, though.

What is this? Is it a Linux OS with XBMC integrated into it or something I would install on top of Windows?
It's a Linux OS, specifically a thin branch of Ubuntu, with XBMC built in. The idea is to get closer to XBMC as an appliance, but with enough OS behind it that you could theoretically still use the HTPC as a PC.
If I were to build a Linux HTPC, how does Tvheadend compare to OpenELEC and XBMCbuntu?

It looks like OpenELEC comes with Tvheadend already. Is that correct.

Could, perhaps, one of these be configured to run/boot off a USB flash drive or card reader? I'm interested in evaluating it.

I tried Ubuntu in the past, but immediately had to install my NVIDIA ION driver. This required a reboot, and when it rebooted, it either loaded fresh from the CD (i.e. needed to install the video driver again) or I could pull out the CD and the PC would boot to Windows.

I looked into installing Ubuntu as a second OS on my HTPC, but the primary drive is already partitioned with my Recovery sector, a C:\ drive, and a D:\ drive for RecordedTV.
Tvheadend is a PVR server. It comes pre-installed on OpenELEC and is easy to install on XBMCbuntu. Both can be configured to run off of a USB drive or card reader.
(2013-01-05, 19:16)Ned Scott Wrote: Tvheadend is a PVR server. It comes pre-installed on OpenELEC and is easy to install on XBMCbuntu. Both can be configured to run off of a USB drive or card reader.

See my post HERE. The USB/Card Reader option didn't do so well for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is XBMCbuntu?0