• 8(current)
XBOX 360 Media Remote on XBMCbuntu
. .
So does this Xbox 360 Media Remote (black) :
- work out of the box with Openelec?
- with the standard CIR receiver on the NUC?
- able to tirn the NUC on and off with the power button?

- what about windows?

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/...dia-remote#
(2014-03-14, 08:36)thechocobn Wrote: So does this Xbox 360 Media Remote (black) :

- what about windows?

For OpenElec to work with Xbox 360 Media Remote you have to do the following:

1. Login as root via ssh (Password: openelec)
2. Create autostart.sh:
Code:
echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh && chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh
3. Add to autostart.sh:
Code:
# IR fix
modprobe -r nuvoton_cir
echo "auto" > /sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530:00/physical_node/resources
modprobe nuvoton_cir
4. Reboot

Power down via Remote is possible, although power up isn´t (afaik)
(2014-03-14, 08:36)thechocobn Wrote: So does this Xbox 360 Media Remote (black) :

- what about windows?

It works out of the box on OpenELEC with a standard MCE receiver.
How to force Xbox 360 Media Remote (black) to work with XBMCbuntu? I have intel NUC with standard CIR receiver on the NUC. (this remote work great on windows 7)

solution - create manualy files from previous posts (script didn't work on my NUC)
Xbox 360 Media Remote (black) has two power button. In lircd.conf from this tread is used only one (xbox). Can anyone tell me code for the power button?
It's programmable depending on what TV code you enter into it. You can look it up on the manual for the remote. I don't know much about lirc, though, so I don't know how to go about using a TV-based command via LIRC, but I think it's possible?
this is default code (9999) for this remote. All remote buttons work ok with XMCbuntu. There is still one button (power tv) which is unused. I think lirc keymap in this thread was based on xbox 360 universal media remote (it has only one power button). XBOX 360 multimedia remote has two power buttons and no stop button.
hi all
can someone please help me
i have just set up kodi using an intel NUC running openelec
and i'm using the xbox 360 remote ( black one)
so
i'm trying to add tv shows to my favorites ( on the keyboard i can press C and will give me option to add shows to my favorites )
but using the xbox 360 remote i can't seem to do this , i have pressed every button and nothing is giving the option to do this
is there a button or way for me to do this without having to connect the key board just to press the C button

thanks
Hmmm... I must be missing something. I have had pretty good luck setting up my Xbox 360 Media Remote for the most part, but I don't have full button functionality. I have the older 360 media style remote without the numeric keys. (This one https://asdfghjkl.me.uk/blog/xboxremote/)

When I use irw over ssh, it will pick up all the keys but X and A... which I want to use to PageUp/Down. I previously had it working 100% out of the box in OpenELEC. Now I'm running Kodibuntu on the same Intel NUC using the builtin IR receiver.

If I had to guess, there is something I need to change in my /etc/lirc folder... probably lircd.conf. I'm guessing the buttons aren't mapped correctly - some difference between the numerical key model and this one.

Any help much appreciated! I couldn't figure out how to get irrecord working... Thanks!
how would I go about changing what the keys do? Such as setting the xbox button to open the shutdown menu. On a keyboard you just press S but how would I set the remote to do this?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBOX 360 Media Remote on XBMCbuntu3