Win Aeon Nox 4 - XBMC [FRODO] RC2 - TV Banner Widgets
Hi,

I downloaded and then installed (from within XBMC) Aeon-Nox-master.zip, dated 11/Dec/2012 which seems to work great without any major problems.

I recently tried updating with Aeon-Nox-master.zip dated 29/Dec/2012, 30/DEC and 01/JAN/2013. All there exhibit the same problem.

Here's a screen shot of proper functioning of Aeon-Nox-master.zip dated 11/DEC/2012:

Here's a screen shot of the problem when updating to the new Aeon-Nox-master.zips:

Before I switch from one version to another, I remove the Aeon-Nox-master addon folder and Aeon-Nox-master.zip file from packages, start up in Confluence, and install addon from .zip.

I have to keep going back to the version dated 11/Dec as it's the only one that seems to work.

Any ideas?

FYI: It seems that the widgets work with the newer versions, if I use anything other than banners.....
Wow, The love boat lol thats a blast from the past Smile

From what I remember, you should not install from a zip as it may cause problems, you should delete the skin, then unzip to the addons directory as I believe that I read here somewhere that it may cause issues if you do it the way you did.

Also, I know that over the versions widget work was done, so you have to re-set all your widget's for them to work. So basically remove them and re-add them and they should be fine.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Ninja'd, was going to say the same thing. You have to re-add your widgets for them to work properly in the newer versions.
Thanks. removed the skin, then unzipped into addons as you said. I redid the widget config and it is working properly now, but I have a new problem.

When I use the context menu ('c' on keyboard), and try any option, it freezes XBMC and I have to forcefully close it. This does not happen with the 11/Dec version of Aeon Nox 4.0.

Any ideas?
Here is my debug log when the freeze happens:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=25260
First of all, you mean the 'S' key, not the context menu, and you've enabled the option "Use QuickList instead of default shutdown menu". Just tried it myself, and I get the same behaviour, had to terminate through the task manager. This must be a new bug, so I can't help. Here's my debug log as well, for phil and BN to have a look. Latest git and latest nightly (20121230-e475404) installed.
(2013-01-01, 10:59)CutSickAss Wrote: First of all, you mean the 'S' key, not the context menu, and you've enabled the option "Use QuickList instead of default shutdown menu".

You're correct. It's the 'S' key, and I have enabled the option "Use QuickList instead of default shutdown menu".
(2013-01-01, 10:59)CutSickAss Wrote: This must be a new bug, so I can't help. Here's my debug log as well, for phil and BN to have a look. Latest git and latest nightly (20121230-e475404) installed.

As this is a new bug, should it be moved to a new thread?
Don't worry, the right people will see it!
Smile 
(2013-01-01, 11:10)CutSickAss Wrote: Don't worry, the right people will see it!

Thanks!
One more thing I should add, it is not limited to the alternative shutdown menu, XBMC freezes even if an item is opened from within the regular QuickList.
should be fixed now.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Smile 
(2013-01-01, 14:10)phil65 Wrote: should be fixed now.

It certainly is! Thanks for such a quick response and fix. Big Grin
Here's an additional problem with widgets that I found

It appears that if the filename does not include info about the file, it displays resolution as "1080" or "576" and includes no additional info. It seems that after playing a small portion of the file, the correct info is displayed (most likely read from the file). Would it be possible to read the info from the file, rather than the filename as the default?

Here's an image of the file in it's folder:

Here's the file info:

(2013-01-02, 08:05)planejumper Wrote: Here's an additional problem with widgets that I found

It appears that if the filename does not include info about the file, it displays resolution as "1080" or "576" and includes no additional info. It seems that after playing a small portion of the file, the correct info is displayed (most likely read from the file). Would it be possible to read the info from the file, rather than the filename as the default?

I think that's an XBMC issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4 - XBMC [FRODO] RC2 - TV Banner Widgets0