Win Question On Naming TV Shows & General Things
Heart 
Hello

Over few months I have been reading the wiki page on how to setup XBMC. I finally got the time to rename my TV shows & Is working fine but have a few questions. My apologies if this is not the correct index to post the thread, As I am really new to all of this. If you can kindly please help me.

I have a PC with Windows 7, Using Aeon Nox skin.

Q1 : Is it okay to use a 3 TB external hard drive for your Media - TV shows & Movies ? The external hard drive is always connected to the PC.

Some info on the wiki is confusing so is this method okay ?

C: Media/TV Shows/Game Of Thrones/Season 1

The naming method I'm using is : Game.Of.Thrones.S01E01.Winter Is Coming.avi It picks up everything fine from thetvdb.com

Q2 : I have a TV show that has 2 Episodes in one file.

I looked it up on http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...3010&lid=7

Is this naming method okay ? Hell.On.Wheels.S02E09E10.Blood Moon Blood Mood Rising.avi

Q3 : I have the TV show - Once Upon A Time (2011) How would I name this with my method ?

Once.Upon.A.Time.2011.S01E01.Pilot.avi
Once.Upon.A.Time.(2011).S01E01.Pilot.avi

Q4 : Do users recommend to add .nfo's on each episode ? Can you make .nfo's work with thetvdb.com ? I would like to be very detail in my media so that's why I'm asking...

Once again I do apologies if it sounds confusing & Wrong thread form...

Thank you
1) Risk with external drive is cleaning library while it is not turned on / active. (see 4 for more info)
2) Does it scrape? Then yes.
3) Does it scrape? Then yes, both are fine. (If they are in a folder with the right name, technically just S01E01 would be enough).
4) I would recommend, specially with external drives or future proofing large library, to export the database to separate files.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...rt_library
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question On Naming TV Shows & General Things 0