reltech HTPC Journal | Morex 557 | Intel Celeron
hi reltech,
I would to use Morex 557 to build a miniitx system.
I have those questions:

1. Can I use the stock heatsink of i3 Ivy Bridge?
2. Do the HDD bracket reduces the hight of heatsink on top?
3. Can you post some pics of your build please?
4. It's possible to screw the hard disk under the case without use the bracket?

Many thanks!
1. Not a chance.
2. It might, depending on placement. Go with the Dynatron or something similar and it won't be an issue.
3. I will see what I can do.
4. I don't know if it's possible to mount a hard disk under the case, but I don't think it would be worth the effort. Get a 2.5" SSD and just install it like normal.
(2013-03-05, 17:35)reltech Wrote: 1. Not a chance.
i dont understand: he is too high or not?

(2013-03-05, 17:35)reltech Wrote: 4. I don't know if it's possible to mount a hard disk under the case, but I don't think it would be worth the effort. Get a 2.5" SSD and just install it like normal.
for "under the case" I not mean on the bottom (where are the vesa ports) but under the holes in the upper of the case
(2013-03-05, 17:53)piombator Wrote:
(2013-03-05, 17:35)reltech Wrote: 1. Not a chance.
i dont understand: he is too high or not?

(2013-03-05, 17:35)reltech Wrote: 4. I don't know if it's possible to mount a hard disk under the case, but I don't think it would be worth the effort. Get a 2.5" SSD and just install it like normal.
for "under the case" I not mean on the bottom (where are the vesa ports) but under the holes in the upper of the case
1. Yes, too high. I would have used the stock heat sink if I could have... Cases don't get much slimmer than this.
4. You referring to inside the case on top? Not only can you install it there, I believe it's your only option.
(2013-03-05, 17:35)reltech Wrote: 1. Yes, too high. I would have used the stock heat sink if I could have... Cases don't get much slimmer than this.
ok. Check this image: it's a Intel stock heatsink or not?

(2013-03-05, 17:35)reltech Wrote: 4. You referring to inside the case on top? Not only can you install it there, I believe it's your only option.
yes, but I mean to install inside the case on top without the bracket
(2013-03-05, 18:22)piombator Wrote:
(2013-03-05, 17:35)reltech Wrote: 1. Yes, too high. I would have used the stock heat sink if I could have... Cases don't get much slimmer than this.
ok. Check this image: it's a Intel stock heatsink or not?
Looks like the low profile version of the heatsink that comes only with the T processor models. That would be a different story.
for me too.

Antoher question for you: from the top of your Dynatron T459 (mounted) to the case, how much mm/cm there are?

PS we waiting for your build pics Wink
please can you tell me how much mm/cm there are between the top of your Dynatron T459 (mounted) and the top of the case? thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reltech HTPC Journal | Morex 557 | Intel Celeron 2