• 82(current)
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
Does seem smoother, but unfortunately unstable
Hello Everyone

Getting a bit worried here not that hot on techy things just ordered a Geniatech atv 1200 box taking forever to get to me from where ever, with the knowledge I have got from the last 6 months trying to watch English TV whilst not in England, using XBMC for films etc etc I thought that adding XBMC, BBC, ITV, FILMON, IPLAYERS,I would be able to do with help from a forum such as this but after reading this forum it sounds very complicated, what is the best way for me to proceed when my box actually arrives

Thank you all
(2014-04-13, 10:16)usinspain Wrote: Hello Everyone

Getting a bit worried here not that hot on techy things just ordered a Geniatech atv 1200 box taking forever to get to me from where ever, with the knowledge I have got from the last 6 months trying to watch English TV whilst not in England, using XBMC for films etc etc I thought that adding XBMC, BBC, ITV, FILMON, IPLAYERS,I would be able to do with help from a forum such as this but after reading this forum it sounds very complicated, what is the best way for me to proceed when my box actually arrives

Thank you all

you'll be fine, just give i a try and post back here with issues. its not as comlicated as it sounds, and with xbmc on android, you will find that the issues and fixes posted on the thread are gradually added to xbmc itself, so that these manual fixes are no longer needed after a while.
(2014-04-19, 12:27)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 10:16)usinspain Wrote: Hello Everyone

Thank you all

you'll be fine, just give i a try and post back here with issues. its not as comlicated as it sounds, and with xbmc on android, you will find that the issues and fixes posted on the thread are gradually added to xbmc itself, so that these manual fixes are no longer needed after a while.

Agree with Bear...do not fret it...
Plug it in and run one of the nightlies, take your time putting addons in.
Load it with a few other apps and before you know it you will a not bad little entertainment system up and running..
Hi guys,
I'm using Geniatech ATV1220 that I hope is very similar to yours ATV1200 .
After removing few unneeded apps I'm using the original Rom with Frodo 12.2 that works well to my needs .
Should I install 12.3 ?

I'm interesting in the PVR IPTVSimple addon that I was told not supported in 12.2
Is any of you guys have that addon working in your ATV?

(If you know for sure that the 1220 is NOT similar to the 1200 than tip me please on that also)

Thanks,
12.3 isnt for amlogic. Use the latest Gotham nightly build. That's your best bet.
Normal version of Gotham latest nightly or some special like pivos version?
(2014-04-30, 23:11)djkacc Wrote: Normal version of Gotham latest nightly or some special like pivos version?

At this point I use the lastest nightly. They're in RC stage and the builds are very stable. The benefits outway any possible bugs in my eyes. There are no more special pivos versions. Gotham has amlogic support in every build now. Most of the addon developers have shifted their focus to Gotham as well.

Oh yeah. Fyi: pvr.iptv.simple works on Frodo and Gotham. Different addon versions I think. Anyway go Gotham and be safe. There's also an iptv addon (non pvr) that handles m3u lists nicely. An internet search should help you find that one.
I've just bought one of these boxes in the guise of a Summvision Cyclone X2. According to the settings the Build number ends in 20131030 and the Recovery version is 20130808. Is there a better/newer firmware I should be using? I've put Gotham RC1 on it and I have had a few crashes. I'm also having an problem with the remote being unresponsive or repeating wildly (happens with IR and RF remotes). Is there anything I can do about that? Finally, does the Linux XBMC run much better on this box?
Rotator Wrote:
To test, download and play http://www.ixbt.com/multimedia/video-met...-lines.mp4
This are two axis, horizontal and vertical, and each one have perpendicular lines.
In the centre of the screen, the horizontal and vertical lines intersects and then creates four black boxes with white holes inside each one.
If you have real 1080p resolution, each box have 8x7 holes (56 holes) inside (56x4=224 white pixels at the centre of the screen).
If you have 720p rescaled, then it depends on several things, but in general, each box will have no more than 10 white holes. May be in total arround 30 white pixels at the centre of the screen. Very far from the 224 of the 1080p definition.
ITS THE TRUTH

The only Firmware that plays 1080p files in XBMC with real 1080p is the Android 1080p Firmware !!! tested nearby everything i have Wink (jynx and xda and geniatech Linux, the new atv1220 4.2.2 Firmware and all Android roms !!!)

SO NOW ILL STICK WITH 1080p Firmware

---- seems everyone is using 720p kernel -----

----- Playback on 1080p kernel is laggy in xbmc with various 1080p-files, but files Play beautyfull in builtin Player of the box-----
@up
Yes! You are right!
I'm asking for this feature (1080p) in the next ATV1200 update (4.2.2) to mygica support... But he said me that this next update should be a 720p yet, because the 1080p one needs some more work to be usable...

Let's keep the hope alive !!
I tried the brand new XBMC 13.0 Release. After the first run screen application just came back to the main android screen. In short words - it does not work on my device. Even after reset to the factory settings.

Does anybody have the similar issue?

I should say that the XBMC 13.0 Beta 3 was running pretty well on ATV1200. So I rolled back from the release to the beta 3 (sounds pretty strange).
It seems a strange behavior... The XBMC 13.0 RC1 is working flawlessly in my ATV1200...

I can test the release version as soon as I get at home...
13.0 does the same for me too. Going back to RC1
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17