• 83(current)
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
(2014-05-04, 14:08)ninguemrj Wrote: I'm asking for this feature (1080p) in the next ATV1200 update (4.2.2) to mygica support... But he said me that this next update should be a 720p yet, because the 1080p one needs some more work to be usable...

Let's keep the hope alive !!

LOL Geniatech please back money for fake xbmc1080p !
(2014-05-04, 16:29)bobones Wrote: 13.0 does the same for me too. Going back to RC1

I can also verify that RC1 worked fine and todays release failed to install. Almost like an unsigned apk. Not good. Maybe its just me but it seems like Gotham for Android needed more RCs. Bummer too because RC1 does have at least one big bug on some devices. I reported it and it was said to be fixed. Not sure how thats gonna play out. I always say learn to compile or at least mod XBMC if you really want something tailored. 
On another note, I'm almost finished with a Gotham version of Beyond XBMC. Have to give credit to flumpster, the original beyond xbmc guy I think. He doesn't have a Gotham or amlogic source version plus I'm gonna add some cool tweaks. I'll post it if anyone wants to give it a shot. Should be done by tomorrow or so. 
Any requests or ideas for something added to beyond xbmc?
(2014-05-01, 08:44)bobones Wrote: I've just bought one of these boxes in the guise of a Summvision Cyclone X2. According to the settings the Build number ends in 20131030 and the Recovery version is 20130808. Is there a better/newer firmware I should be using? I've put Gotham RC1 on it and I have had a few crashes. I'm also having an problem with the remote being unresponsive or repeating wildly (happens with IR and RF remotes). Is there anything I can do about that? Finally, does the Linux XBMC run much better on this box?

First, no offence, but your Cyclone may have inferior hardware which could cause less than equal performance to the box named in thread. Geniatech puts out a solid unit. RC1 is pretty solid and shouldnt be crashing. Check your log for details. Weak batteries and or weak remotes can cause those problems. Hope that helps.

(2014-05-04, 19:39)mike77 Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 14:08)ninguemrj Wrote: I'm asking for this feature (1080p) in the next ATV1200 update (4.2.2) to mygica support... But he said me that this next update should be a 720p yet, because the 1080p one needs some more work to be usable...

Let's keep the hope alive !!

LOL Geniatech please back money for fake xbmc1080p !

Can't resist. Ya know, it's said that the human eye can't tell 720 from 1080 when over 10ft from the tube. Now I'm sure there are some exceptions.
(2014-05-04, 16:29)bobones Wrote: 13.0 does the same for me too. Going back to RC1

I can also verify that RC1 worked fine and todays release failed to install. Almost like an unsigned apk. Not good. Maybe its just me but it seems like Gotham for Android needed more RCs. Bummer too because RC1 does have at least one big bug on some devices. I reported it and it was said to be fixed. Not sure how thats gonna play out. I always say learn to compile or at least mod XBMC if you really want something tailored. 
On another note, I'm almost finished with a Gotham version of Beyond XBMC. Have to give credit to flumpster, the original beyond xbmc guy I think. He doesn't have a Gotham or amlogic source version plus I'm gonna add some cool tweaks. I'll post it if anyone wants to give it a shot. Should be done by tomorrow or so. 
Any requests or ideas for something added to beyond xbmc?
(2014-05-05, 03:28)htpcforall Wrote: [quote='bobones' pid='1696003' dateline='1398926699']
I've just bought one of these boxes in the guise of a Summvision Cyclone X2. According to the settings the Build number ends in 20131030 and the Recovery version is 20130808. Is there a better/newer firmware I should be using? I've put Gotham RC1 on it and I have had a few crashes. I'm also having an problem with the remote being unresponsive or repeating wildly (happens with IR and RF remotes). Is there anything I can do about that? Finally, does the Linux XBMC run much better on this box?

First, no offence, but your Cyclone may have inferior hardware which could cause less than equal performance to the box named in thread. Geniatech puts out a solid unit. RC1 is pretty solid and shouldnt be crashing. Check your log for details. Weak batteries and or weak remotes can cause those problems. Hope that helps.

Thanks. I flashed my box with the Geniatech firmware and the IR remote works much better, I suspect most of my problems were with the firmware supplied by Sumvision, but I'm pretty sure the hardware is identical to that of Geniatech and MyGica.
I need some help. I use the latest Firmware and sometimes my WLAN diconnectet.

He find the WLAN but no Internet ore he try to connect.

Whats the reason?
Some quick info please guys ... have a couple of friends with the atv1200 (sumvision model) ... I'm sort of their xbmc support guy ... thou i run all on an x86 build. So need to be updated on current situation of this box.

Does stable 13 work with hw decoding? Or still need to install nightly?

Anything i should know re. decoding dts/ac3 ... I imagine better left to avr, but are there know issues?

Cheers.
You can install the final 13 ;-) it works good
@SniperZoz.

Flash Sumvision boxes with latest Geniatech or MyGica f/w and install 13.0 release. Hardware decoding works fine.

For best audio results set HDMI digital output in Android settings, and in XBMC set speaker config to 2.0, enable passthrough, AC-3 capable receiver, transcoding to AC3 and DTS capable receiver. If speaker config is set to 5.1 or 7.1 then AAC is not correctly output (voices at rear) but with 2.0, AAC is transcoded to AC3 5.1 with good results.
Is it heat problem?
In the last few days I'm having flashes of colors loss viewing streams and youtube on my ATV1220.
Never had it before on this 3 months device.
I'm using composite video, and I can see clearly the color loss (not completely but ~90% loss)
Can I just use the oficial android apk from XBMC site for Gotham 13 or do I need any special apk (pivos, etc)?
Official 13.0 is fine as it has h/w acceleration built in so no need for special build.
Thanks @bobones! I'll try it asap.
I have a question regarding this box and/or XBMC:

I currently own a WDTV Live SMP media player box, which has been fine, apart from one significant limitation: It is unable to decode 5.1 AAC audio streams and output the audio as an uncompressed 5.1 PCM stream that my AV receiver can play. Instead, it downmixes the 5.1 AAC audio down to a stereo signal and outputs this as PCM, It can 'bitstream' the 5.1 AAC stream to the receiver, but hardly any AV receivers support the decoding of AAC audio, so this is no good for me.

So I'm wanting to replace the WDTV box with a unit that can decode 5.1 AAC audio and output it as 5.1 PCM - can the ATV1200 do this?
XBMC 13 can transcode AAC to AC3 so your receiver "sees" a Dolby Digital signal so all you need to do is replace the pre-installed XBMC 12. You need to set the speaker config option to 2.0 to get the transcode option. This works well in my experience.
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17