• 85(current)
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
(2014-05-17, 18:20)MusicMan62 Wrote: How do you edit the remote.conf file? It is read only for me and I can't delete or overwrite it. According to root checker I am rooted.
mount -oremount,rw /system

will make it writeable. Also remotecfg /etc/remote.conf will activate your changes.
@davilla
please help us atv users understand wich packages should we include getting wifi and ac3/dts passtrough working, cause i just compiled defconfig from github (was my 1.release and i have to say iam not into programcode to know where to change code inside, just using menuconfig to integrate packages, iam new into this sector ..... 11 years ago i learned how to program in c++ but never programmed in the last 10 years so iam like a newbie..... if i have to change some programcode i would need more time than one who understands the code so please help) THANKS IN ADVANCE
Seems release_delay needs to be less than 120 or repeat_enable is ignored. Sometimes I think I've got something that's behaving with repeat enabled then it goes crazy again. Currently trying repeat_enable=1 and release_delay=0.

One good thing to do is change the zoom keys to these values to get them to work then you can use the XMBC keymap editor addon to do something useful with them. I've got one as a global "stop" and the other as show favourites. I've also mapped the context menu key to play/pause when in full screen video.

0x9c 0xa5;ZOOM_IN
0x89 0xa3;ZOOM_OUT
Amlogic MX Can't get xbmc real 1080p Smile
(2014-05-17, 20:31)mike77 Wrote: Amlogic MX Can't get xbmc real 1080p Smile

I don´t know, too. What devs r doing ... on internal player it runs only xbmc won`t play real 1080p
Good news. andoid 4.2.2 final be ready this week for atv1200 400 and 520E Big Grin

http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php...2564#p2556
(2014-05-20, 01:20)princes of hell Wrote: Good news. andoid 4.2.2 final be ready this week for atv1200 400 and 520E Big Grin

http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php...2564#p2556

Nice one. All I want is for the remote/keyboard to behave, failing that a Linux/Gotham build with HDMI passthrough,
(2014-05-17, 22:07)Biatsch Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 20:31)mike77 Wrote: Amlogic MX Can't get xbmc real 1080p Smile

I don´t know, too. What devs r doing ... on internal player it runs only xbmc won`t play real 1080p
AMLogic do not support real 1080p in xbmc. Just internal player can play it. Android with xbmc or linux xbmc can not get real 1080p. FAKE!
Folks, I want a qwerty remote replacement for my ATV1200. I've read good reviews for the "Mele F10-PRO 2.4G Air Mouse Wireless Keyboard 2 in 1 Intelligent Voice with IR Remote Control for PC TV Media Player" (avaialble at Amazon at this link).

Does anyone uses this remote with the ATV1200 or any other "Android TV" box?

If there was any other remote that could be used with the internal/built in IR receiver that would be the best option for sure!

Looking forward your feedback...
(2014-05-05, 03:28)htpcforall Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 08:44)bobones Wrote: I've just bought one of these boxes in the guise of a Summvision Cyclone X2. According to the settings the Build number ends in 20131030 and the Recovery version is 20130808. Is there a better/newer firmware I should be using? I've put Gotham RC1 on it and I have had a few crashes. I'm also having an problem with the remote being unresponsive or repeating wildly (happens with IR and RF remotes). Is there anything I can do about that? Finally, does the Linux XBMC run much better on this box?

First, no offence, but your Cyclone may have inferior hardware which could cause less than equal performance to the box named in thread. Geniatech puts out a solid unit. RC1 is pretty solid and shouldnt be crashing. Check your log for details. Weak batteries and or weak remotes can cause those problems. Hope that helps.

(2014-05-04, 19:39)mike77 Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 14:08)ninguemrj Wrote: I'm asking for this feature (1080p) in the next ATV1200 update (4.2.2) to mygica support... But he said me that this next update should be a 720p yet, because the 1080p one needs some more work to be usable...

Let's keep the hope alive !!

LOL Geniatech please back money for fake xbmc1080p !

Can't resist. Ya know, it's said that the human eye can't tell 720 from 1080 when over 10ft from the tube. Now I'm sure there are some exceptions.

Would depend on the size of the screen and the quality of the TV imo. My first 52" Samsung was decent enough but I struggled to tell the difference between 720 and 1080 when sitting quite far back. But with my better quality 55" Samsung I can tell the difference. Less to do with the extra 3" and more to do with the awesome-ness of the second set. But I can definitely tell the difference between the two hd resolutions. The bigger the set and the closer you sit, the more likely you are to tell the difference. For normal viewing distances I think you'd need to be up into the 50"s before you could really notice a difference. Just my 2 cents.
Hi Ya, i am in need of a bit of help i have this on order: http://www.7dayshop.com/sumvision-cyclon...?source=aw,

i believe it is the same as a ATV1200?, i wanna know if i can install XBMC on there straight away or if i need to do anything first?

Cheers in advanced. Andy
There's a nice chart (google for it) that show the relation between video rez (720p, 1080p, etc) and display size vs viewing distance. Pretty accurate too as it is based on the physics of human eye perception. Anyone that says they can do better is fooling themselves as you can't beat optical physics.

Color perception is another thing. There is a very small female population that have 4 cone receptors (tetrachromat) instead of the normal 3 cone receptors (trichromat). That's the difference between 1 millon different hues and 100 million. Males not apply, they don't have the gene for it Smile
(2014-05-24, 17:44)fuzzbomb1 Wrote: Hi Ya, i am in need of a bit of help i have this on order: http://www.7dayshop.com/sumvision-cyclon...?source=aw,

i believe it is the same as a ATV1200?, i wanna know if i can install XBMC on there straight away or if i need to do anything first?

Cheers in advanced. Andy
Yes Andy, that's the same as the ATV1200. It should already have XBMC on it (12.2), but you can easily put Gotham on it.
MyGiga has released a new firmware for the ATV1200 based on Android 4.2. I flashed my Sumvision Cyclone X2 with it, uninstalled the built-in 12.2, installed 13.0 and all seems well. The supplied IR remote seems to work much better with this firmware, but my RF keyboard/mouse still suffers from the wild key repeats. I've yet to determine whether this version fixes the problem of XBMC losing it's guisettings, which was my other major beef with this box running Android, but it's looking good so far. I think I'll be sticking with this version until there's a decent Linux Gotham build with audio passthrough.
what beta version of 13 did you install?
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17