Req Audio passthrough
I didn't think truehd had dd like dts-ma has DTS core. When I play files with dts-ma I get DTS output, but when I try files with truehd I get no audio what so ever.
no,usually it contain TrueHD & DD so you can chose one or another.
What is the "it"? This is the question: if there is an mkv with only TrueHD can the Pi pass anything smoothly?
(2013-06-07, 11:13)pszab Wrote: What is the "it"? This is the question: if there is an mkv with only TrueHD can the Pi pass anything smoothly?

not really..this will not play smooth at all(personal experience only)
in other hand, not a big deal for me as I use only DTS format anyway Smile
No. If your mkv has a truehd track AND an AC3 track, you can play the AC3 track. If no ac3 track then XBMC will have to transcode truehd to something else. Which it can't with any effficacy.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-06-07, 11:18)nickr Wrote: No. If your mkv has a truehd track AND an AC3 track, you can play the AC3 track. If no ac3 track then XBMC will have to transcode truehd to something else. Which it can't with any effficacy.

Thank you. It's our lucky that DTSHD has core and this is the most used format not the TrueHD
Thanks
yup Wink and hope that DD and TrueHD going to die soon
What is wrong with dd? Nothing!
DTS is much better for me,more dynamic and better quality. Higher bitrate,sure but my ears love it, same as stereo for music :)
I Guys and Gals.
I'm wondering if there has been any update to the RPi HDMI port?
I'm a nubee to RPi (so be gentle with me) and have just bought the RPi B (UK) + XBMC starter kit and will be connecting it to my Yamaha AV amplifier via the HDMI port and I was wondering what sound formats will be available to me?
I read somewhere that the HDMI port can support 8 channel 24bit @ 192kHz sound and 5.1/7.1 Dolby Digital, DTS, DSD, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-Master Audio.
What can my RPi HDMI port currently support and why?
Cheers
(2014-05-09, 19:35)EagleEyes Wrote: I read somewhere that the HDMI port can support 8 channel 24bit @ 192kHz sound and 5.1/7.1 Dolby Digital, DTS, DSD, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-Master Audio.
What can my RPi HDMI port currently support and why?

The hardware can support:
Passthrough of 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS.
PCM audio of 8 channel 24bit @ 48kHz.
PCM audio of 2 channel 24bit @ 192kHz.

The hardware cannot support 8 channels PCM @ 192kHz (too high a clock rate), and that includes Dolby TrueHD, DTS-Master Audio (which use 8 channel @ 192kHz as the transport).
DTS-HD support
Maximum channel: 8
Sampling Frequency : 192kHz, 176.4 kHz, 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 32 kHz

if hardware can support:
"PCM audio of 8 channel 24bit @ 48kHz.
PCM audio of 2 channel 24bit @ 192kHz."

so it's possible can be support DTS-HD 5.1 at only up to 48 kHz ?

lot of blueray is in DTS-HD 5.1 at only 48 kHz not in 192kHz!
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2014-05-29, 17:37)looun Wrote: so it's possible can be support DTS-HD 5.1 at only up to 48 kHz ?

Unfortunately the channel has to be run at 8 channels @ 192kHz for DTS-HD and TrueHD, even for 48kHz audio.

Bizarely, the channel needs a higher capactity for sending compressed audio than it would for sending uncompressed PCM.
(2014-05-29, 17:42)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-05-29, 17:37)looun Wrote: so it's possible can be support DTS-HD 5.1 at only up to 48 kHz ?

Unfortunately the channel has to be run at 8 channels @ 192kHz for DTS-HD and TrueHD, even for 48kHz audio.

Bizarely, the channel needs a higher capactity for sending compressed audio than it would for sending uncompressed PCM.

Is the Raspberry Pi Model B+ capable of DTS-HD and TrueHD Passthrough?
(2014-07-18, 22:58)tehnatural Wrote: Is the Raspberry Pi Model B+ capable of DTS-HD and TrueHD Passthrough?

No, there is no change to the SoC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio passthrough0