Horrible Playback on new pc with Frodo
Hi I\m hoping someone can help. I`ve bought a new htpc Lenovo q180 ideacentre installed frodo and set xbmc up with the settings I previously used for Eden on my old pc. Whilst vlc plays everything perfectly with xbmc Im literally seeing only 1 frame per second or so for playback with no audio output at all. Ive disabled every video playback enhancement in CCC but its made no difference. Does anyone have a model setup for this pc that they could post here. Video output is set to 1080p in xbmc as it is in CCC 24ghz refresh in order to get a fullscreen picture but Ive also tried it as 1080i with borders and its made no difference. Any help much appreciated. I should point out Im running Windows 8.
Try to switch to DirectSound instead of WASAPI and see it that makes a difference.

System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
Thanks for your reply. I had it set up for direct sound but I mooched about in the audio anyway and discovered the oddest thing - If I change the audio setting from hdmi to analog it all starts working more or less perfectly. However the options for then telling xbmc what formats my amp supports are greyed out as is the passthrough option. Needless to say I dont have analog cables connected just a single hdmi cable.
Any ideas anyone as to why or how the audio plays analog.Not happy at the mo that all my amp options are disabled though I suppose if it passes through accurately the amp can do the decoding........

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horrible Playback on new pc with Frodo0