Blu-ray
I was hoping that I might not see this issue any longer but now that we are in RC2 and it still happens I am a little worried.
I have Blu-ray stored in .iso format on a NAS. I am using Win7 32bit system. It wasn't until Eden that I could play Blu-ray, before that it would play the Blu-ray as if you were watching it in slow motion. Once Eden was released that didn't happen any more, all my Blu-ray ran great. I have tried different nightly builds since then and have always had to go back to Eden. The nightly builds performed the say way as the pre Eden versions. Blu-ray plays as if it was in slow motion. I have now tried 2 out of the three Beta's and now RC 2 as of last night, but it still plays in slow motion. As soon as I reinstall Eden everything works great. This seems to be only a Windows issue, because on my Mac I don't have this issue. Pretty much all the nightly builds, and now RC version except for I think one the Blu-rays play fine.

Has anyone else seen this? Also if there is logs than can help on this, what do I need to do to get you those? Install RC2 then play a movie?

Thanks for any help
Check your audio and video settings in settings\system. I found in audio using WASAPI on one of my PCs has a similar effect with high bitrate h.264 files. When I switched it back to directsound it worked fine.
I use direct sound and passthrough. I always use Direct. I use my Denon for the Decoding
(2013-01-02, 21:29)nepenthe Wrote: I use direct sound and passthrough. I always use Direct. I use my Denon for the Decoding
If you are bitstreaming codec to Denon for decoding, you should select WASAPI in Frodo instead. Here are some tips- Test drive Frodo Beta 2.......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I will give that a try. I don't think I remember seeing any Bit Stream option on the Denon. I have the Denon setup to auto detect, but I will look
What model is your Denon?
I don't have it in front of me I can get it later, but I think it is a 4308CI
(2013-01-03, 17:16)nepenthe Wrote: I don't have it in front of me I can get it later, but I think it is a 4308CI
If that is the model, you are having a very capable and powerful AVR. You should be able to bitstream all audio codecs (TrueHD and DTS-HD) to it for decoding.....

You can connect your system this way "HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables", and ticks all the capable receiver options and select WASAPI for bitstreaming.....

Incorrect audio settings can cause video to play as in slow motion, take a look at http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-ente...end-2.html

If you're still struggling post a debug log with some more detail on the pc you're running XBMC on.
Sorry I thought you meant change the settings in the Denon to bitstream. I never saw that as an option. I was always under the impression that it auto did that. I know it detects all formats with no problem.
(2013-01-03, 18:45)nepenthe Wrote: Sorry I thought you meant change the settings in the Denon to bitstream. I never saw that as an option. I was always under the impression that it auto did that. I know it detects all formats with no problem.
There is not much to setup in Denon. As long as it support audio codec (which it does), select the right HDMI input in Denon, the right media player (XBMC, TMT5, MPC-HC, etc), the right audio output configurations (in this case, in Windows control panel and XBMC), it will bitstream audio codecs to your Denon for decoding....
Sorry got busy and didn't get to test this until last night.
This did work, thank you
I know this is solved, and I so glad this was fixed, but I have a separate question and was just hoping since you knew this maybe you can help on the other.
Has anyone got this working on the Raspberry Pi, Raspbmc. I did post this there as well, but thought I would try here.

Thanks for the help.
and if no one knows I will keep it on Raspbmc site.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu-ray0