Shutdown after finish playing current / playlist / queue files
Shutdown after finish playing current / playlist / queue files
Why not just use the idle timer in XBMC? It won't be triggered when videos are playing back, so it will only shut down after they are. Set it to like 15 - 20 minutes or something like that. Even less, if you want to. Settings/System/Power saving (wiki)
I implemented this feature a while ago but it got rejected because XBMC already has a so called sleep timer functionality (that I never used because I don’t like it, sorry!).

My original idea was to shut down the computer as soon as a video/song or playlist of videos/songs finished playing. This feature would have allowed users to add part1.mkv and part2.mkv of a movie to a playlist and set the option "Power off after play" this way the computer would have shut down exactly (and not with an idle timer delay) after the second part of the movie ended. Now I have this feature only on my wife’s computer on my own custom XBMC build. Problem with this is that I have to patch every new XBMC release to have this feature.

Another reason why I don’t like "Shutdown function timer" is that once set it will always shut down the PC on idle and you have to disable the option in "System – Settings"->"Power Saving" if you decided you don't want the PC to shut down on idle all the time. "Power off after play" on the other hand was activated on demand with 2 clicks from currently playing video/playlist, meaning if you decided "I probably will fall to sleep before the movie is over" you could set the option ON and the PC would shut down as expected. The next time you start playing a video the "Power off after play" is off by default and there is no need to switch it off like in the case of "Shutdown function timer". Whatever… I’m not ranting here just wanted to let you know this feature was really easy to implement.
They're reluctant to add it to the core of XBMC. It should be possible to do this as an add-on.

Or, perhaps they would be more receptive to a core addition that had more usage. Say, a generic "do action" after a playlist is done, where shutdown would be one option. If the addition is more versatile then there is more incentive to include it. I can't say the for sure, though, not being a dev myself and not really knowing what applications this could have, but it might be a path worth looking at.
Yes!!! This idea is wonderful to shut down the computer as soon as a video/song or playlist of videos/songs finished playing. This feature would have allowed users to add part1.mkv and part2.mkv of a movie to a playlist and set the option "Power off after play" this way the computer would have shut down exactly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shutdown after finish playing current / playlist / queue files0