Mac Mini (2011) or a dedicated Android/Linux media box for XBMC?
I apologize if this has been discussed before, I am a noob here and wanted to get the opinion of experts here on the subject.

I currently have a mac mini 2011 model with windows 7 that I am using for XBMC and WMC for Netflix in the living room. I am happy with the set up for the most part since I can use control mac mini and my TV and a/v receiver using the tivo slide bluetooh remote control. I recently heard these remotes are being discontinued. But in any case, for my bedroom I was hoping to have a similar set up. But I am looking for a cheaper solution.

I noticed linux/android boxes for xbmc are popping up all over the place. There is G Midnight box, Pivos XIOS, Apple TV, Jynxbox and by march this new gaming system Ouya I believe will also support xbmc and they are all much cheaper than a full blown HTPC and come with their own remote control devices which is obviously a big plus in the WAF column.

I know these devices do not offer the full features of the wonderful XBMC but do you believe they are worth a shot?

For the record, I am using XBMC to stream my big library of blu ray rips, watch hulu videos, and stream video content from other official/not so official addons and I also use it as front end for my PVR Next back end, which is a different windows PC.

Will I be able to do all those things with say a PIVOS box?

Thanks for your comments in advance.
Before Ouya was annouced, i would have picked Pivos but I believe Ouya would be a better box in terms of spec as well as features.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Mini (2011) or a dedicated Android/Linux media box for XBMC?0