XBMC, MySQL, Thumbnails, scraping problem
Hi All,

I'm having a few problems, here is my setup:

1. XBMC 12 Frodo RC2 on 2 Windows 7 PCs (upgraded from 11), and a Raspberry Pi (openElec) fresh install v12 RC2
2. MySQL running on FreeNAS jail
3. Media on two different NASes.

I did the following to go from v11 to v12 with MySQL setup, on the main HTPC machine:
1. Upgrade v11 to v12
2. Export library
3. Setup advancesettings.xml for MySQL, place it in userdata folder
4. Launch XBMC, import library from backup
5. Do the same thing on other XBMCs

Problems:
1. No fan art or movie covers for some movies, just XBMC generated screenshot
2. A few movies not getting scraped, no spelling mistakes in the movie names though.

log(movie names removed):
http://pastebin.com/PQN7Lmmh

I have queried the database, MyVideos75, and I see the data in the tables.

Any help will be appreciated
Debug log: http://pastebin.com/9cy0NPu2
When you went from v11 to v12, did XBMC ask you if you wanted to update artwork?
Thanks Ned.

I'm really not sure if it did, but thumbnails and artwork are present for almost all movies, it's just that the post-upgrade-mysql setup movies do not have any artwork or thumbnails.

What about new movies not getting scraped?
Bump?
I'm not sure what it could be. I think the scraping issue might just have been a bump with the TMDB servers last night, as I heard some other people had some problems getting it working for a short while.

So no artwork is showing up for any of the XBMC devices when using MySQL? Not even the one that originally had the library?

Maybe try deleting the MySQL DBs (using the DROP command) and try again with the freshly released RC3. Also, if you go into

userdata (wiki)/database/

and delete the textures DB file, that should force XBMC to look for and download thumbnails again, though it should do that automatically at certain intervals (once per day, I think?).
Thank you, Ned Scott, for the suggestion to delete the Textures13.db file. That brought back my thumbnails and removed those bad looking screenshot place holders. I wrote up a short tutorial on how to accomplish it in this thread.
I uninstalled old xbmc, deleted all related folders, dropped databases, installed RC3, re-scanned, and now it seems to be a lot better.
But Dexter doesn't seem to have any fan art or thumbnails on main HTPC it shows a blue folder.
Openelec, with RC12, has transparent Friends thumbnail/cover art, otherwise fine on main HTPC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC, MySQL, Thumbnails, scraping problem0