SKIN CONCEPT tap a touchscreen skin
(2013-01-04, 23:43)kipor Wrote: ok i will start a again can you do live tiles with xbmc

One can do pretty much anything with XBMCs skinning engine. The question is: Can *YOU*?
This is like one of those bad auditions on the x factor :-)
(2013-01-03, 05:09)kipor Wrote: i have the home page but the rest is still in the works if anyone would be kind enough to turn some inkscape into a real useable skin for XBMC? I have no idea whats involved and the wiki page just goes right over my head What i purpose to do is make a series of screenshots in inkscape of what i think the UI should look like, then have some clever people come along and turn it into a useable skin.

The Problem here is: XBMC skinning is not trivial, giving the power of the skinning engine. Coming up with a skin concept is like 5% of the work. Making it work is 85%. The remaining 10% is the skill to create proper graphics. What you are asking is basically to do 5% of the work then have someone else do the vast majority of the work to have it done like you want it then later *possibily* invest the remaining 10%. I do not think that is going to happen.

Due to how complex and powerfull the engine is, a lot of skins do not reach past the concept stage. Yes, this limits the number of skins we have, but the ones people actually finish are really great.
i made it from new

the icons are in the works at the top will be the time and the xbmc info bar at the bottom will be the search box and more bits

had a look and there is no good metro like ui and i have a new search box on the way
(2013-01-05, 01:20)kipor Wrote: had a look and there is no good metro like ui and i have a new search box on the way

I can name at least 4 skins that are Metro or Metro-inspired...

Immersive
Refocus
Xperience
MetroTV
Lightbox

Refocus and Xperience are pure class and I'd like to think my Immersive skin is at least a decent one. But you're right...not a single good Metro skin.

The list of the skins is, in no way, in any specific order.
yes but i do not like them to me they look bland and i would like a skin the pops out at you and has a good metro like look my skin will fill the gap but not till the SKIN CONCEPT is 100% but i do like yore skin that a cool one
(2013-01-05, 06:43)kipor Wrote: yes but i do not like them to me they look bland and i would like a skin the pops out at you and has a good metro like look my skin will fill the gap but not till the SKIN CONCEPT is 100% but i do like yore skin that a cool one
You HAVE to be a troll..? You think this concept looks better than Xperience 1080?
Did you have ever known the concept from metro? Content not chrome. Your "design" looks for me a little bit like "crap nothing else". Sorry for these words, but there is no clean line. The only thing whats pops up is. "holly .... t.m.i.". The best metro like skin is in my opinion the immersive skin. It is straight clear and absolutly like the metro concept. If you don't agree, go take a wp 8 / w 8 and have a look. and if you don't agree , take your time at an optician.
i like Xperience 1080 but there are lots of things that do not work like when you add a movie the images do not cum up on the home scree and the way the nav is for settings like movie views are not that good
ok what to you not like about my metro like skin i will Chang what you do not like
The images come up on the home screen just fine... that's more likely a problem on your end. Wink
ok but i still do not like the way you Change the views and all that bit hard for a new guy
(2013-01-05, 17:36)kipor Wrote: ok what to you not like about my metro like skin i will Chang what you do not like

It's not following the metro guidelines. Change that and it could be a good metro skin :-D
what are the metro guidelines
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...65424.aspx

these are the UX guidelines (formerly known as metro)

Here's another guideline from Jeff Wilcox:

http://www.jeff.wilcox.name/2011/03/metr...-guide-v1/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SKIN CONCEPT tap a touchscreen skin6