[Windows] Recordings / sort order of folders and single file entries
hi,

I'm running Frodo RC2 (nightly built) as a client connecting to
an Argus TV server.

ARGUS TV very nicely groups multiple recordings of the same
series into folders. on the "Recordings" page in XBMC these
folders are listed first (sorted by date) and below that the
single file recordings (sorted by date) are listed.

is there a way to show folders and single file
entries as one long sorted list?

a) example (now)
folder "series 1" (02.01.2013)
folder "series 2" (30.12.2012)
folder "series 3" (10.09.2012)
"show 1" (01.01.2013)
"show 2" (11.11.2012)

b) possible?
folder "series 1" (02.01.2013)
"show 1" (01.01.2013)
folder "series 2" (30.12.2012)
"show 2" (11.11.2012)
folder "series 3" (10.09.2012)

thank you
+1
Hi,

This is exactly the issue I am also having.

Have there been any updated as to a potential setting or even skin mod that might be able to achieve the above?
It should be possible once a specific PR is merged, it'll fix a bunch of stuff currently missing or not working when it comes to recordings.
Oh excellent - so this is an issue that it is being worked on now and will be sorted out in the future?

(2014-07-11, 18:59)negge Wrote: ... it'll fix a bunch of stuff currently missing or not working when it comes to recordings.

Just out of interest, what other recording-related issues are being worked on at the moment?
Hi,

Has this feature been fixed for Kodi 14 Helix?
Any news on this? This is the one deal breaker I have to fix before my wife will use this instead of Mediaportal.
You can sort the list by name, but I think folders will still be listed on top. I doubt it will be fixed because listing folders first is the standard behavior in practically all file structures I've seen.
Thanks for the reply.

This method of displaying recordings has been used in Meedio (waaaaay back when) and Mediaportal. It's also the way the Argus TV server displays recording in the scheduler console.

It's particularly useful when watching a daily recording which you are a few episodes behind. You don't have to scroll all the way down a list of recordings to view a series.

Another option could be to display single recordings in a folder as well. This might actually be a better idea as it would make for a more uniform view structure.
Any further updates on this?

Spiel's suggestion:

(2015-02-09, 07:28)spiel Wrote: Another option could be to display single recordings in a folder as well. This might actually be a better idea as it would make for a more uniform view structure.

Is a really great idea.
It is up to the addon and/or backend to organize the recordings into folders. Some addons do more than others, i.e. the tvheadend addon just organizes it the way the backend tells it to, while other addons have options for how the recordings should be grouped.
I am using Argus TV backend with the Argus TV add-on for Kodi.

As Spiel says above, Argus itself lists single files and folders together in date order - i.e. it does not group all the folders and single files together.

As I cannot sort my files/folders in Kodi this way, does this mean that the Argus TV plugin itself would need to be changed to give us the addition way of sorting recordings?

If so, is this something that a user could easily do themself or should I raise it as a feature request?

Thanks
Yes, you should probably report it to whoever makes the Argus addon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Recordings / sort order of folders and single file entries0