Problems with wireless in OpenELEC - Version: 2.95.6
I have been running XBMC on raspbmc without any problems and thought I'd give OpenElec a whirl, everything appears to work OK until I attempt to install a wireless dongle, which I have installed (and double checked) using instructions found on a couple of different websites, however when I try to reboot it just hangs with the below error code.

I've tried two different dongles, both of which worked without problems after being installed (using the seemingly more straightforward 'Wireless Manager') in Raspbmc.. TIA for any help..

OpenELEC - Version: 2.95.6
/var/config/settings.conf: line 37: unexpected EOF while looking for matching '"'
/var/config/settings.conf: line 38: syntax error: unexpected end of file
/var/config/settings.conf: line 37: unexpected EOF while looking for matching '"'
[ 14.375780] Kernal panic - not synching : Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00000200
-
Wireless settings are in the openelec program tab - not in xbmc settings
(2013-01-03, 19:21)anth2305 Wrote: I have been running XBMC on raspbmc without any problems and thought I'd give OpenElec a whirl, everything appears to work OK until I attempt to install a wireless dongle, which I have installed (and double checked) using instructions found on a couple of different websites, however when I try to reboot it just hangs with the below error code.

I've tried two different dongles, both of which worked without problems after being installed (using the seemingly more straightforward 'Wireless Manager') in Raspbmc.. TIA for any help..

OpenELEC - Version: 2.95.6
[ 14.375780] Kernal panic - not synching : Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00000200
-

can you paste /var/config/settings.conf with connecting via LAN? does your passphrase contains any special characters?
greetings, Stephan

To be honest I'm absolutely new to all of this, I got my pi as a Christmas present, so I understand little or nothing about computer language, although I am willing to give it a go if someone is good enough to talk me through the procedure from scratch, however you're probably on to something, as if I just enter the name of my wireless router then it will reboot, but when I enter my password, which contains a combination of letters, numbers, and ends in a # (hash) that seems to be when the problem arises.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with wireless in OpenELEC - Version: 2.95.60