Box for stream from a dreambox
Hi, I'm from Italy and I'm looking for a little and cheap media box. I want to use it only for streaming TV SD/HD channels from my dreambox to any TV in my house.
It has to be little (portable) and cheap and, obviously, able to run xbmc to do what I need.

I'm thinking to buy a Raspberry PI, but I don't know how it works with HD channels...

Any hints?
Thanks
help me,please!
I using Raspberry Pi and I stream from my Linux Enigma 1 sat box
but it is only SD stream as I dont have HD sat box yet
(2013-01-04, 11:06)rikardo1979 Wrote: I using Raspberry Pi and I stream from my Linux Enigma 1 sat box
but it is only SD stream as I dont have HD sat box yet

Thanks, which is the SD size I need to do that? The sd channels are streaming well? Which OS are you using?
Are you streaming through wifi?
Thanks

Anyone has HD dreambox?

I running XBian on my RPi. you can use cards from as little as 2gb, but I recommend at least 8gb and Class10 or faster
The SD channels are stream well, but keep in mind that this required additional MPEG-2 licence what you need to buy from Raspberry Pi store, as this is not included as default. But this licence is needed only for SD quality streams as I belive that HD streams use different codec what should work without additional licences.
I do not use WiFi on my systems, only proper LAN wired connection, but you can use WiFi if you like to Wink
Do I need a keyboard also or simply a mouse?
Thank you very much, I now can buy my Raspberry PI!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Box for stream from a dreambox0