XBMC & 8 Gigs of ram?/ Back up? SOLVED
Is there a version of xbmc that will utilize all 8 gb of RAM in my htpc?

Also I have added all my addons and made a backup but I can't find it. XBMC just shows the progress bar filling up then closes.

Thx

HTPC
i3 2100
Asrock H67m itx
2x4 Gskill 1333
GT 430 gpu
2 x 500 GB 7200rpm Seagate Hybrid SSD-HDD
Slim DVD drive

what do you want it do do with the 8 gb? I cant even get it to use 1G but I am pretty happy anyway,
(2013-01-04, 00:13)Travalon Wrote: Also I have added all my addons and made a backup but I can't find it. XBMC just shows the progress bar filling up then closes.

I don't understand what you mean here. Please explain in detail.

Also, it's not a good idea to combine two disparate topics in a single thread.
new to this and don't know if like windoze (gasp!!!) there is a RAM cap depending on 32 or 64 bit os.
@ artrafel: Sorry i was tired. I'll start a new thread after google.
HTPC
i3 2100
Asrock H67m itx
2x4 Gskill 1333
GT 430 gpu
Slim DVD drive

XBMC isn's an OS, it's just an application that runs on the OS. It'll use however much RAM it needs as long as it's available. There's nothing in XBMC that will make use of 8GB of RAM.
(2013-01-04, 00:26)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-01-04, 00:13)Travalon Wrote: Also I have added all my addons and made a backup but I can't find it. XBMC just shows the progress bar filling up then closes.

I don't understand what you mean here. Please explain in detail.

Also, it's not a good idea to combine two disparate topics in a single thread.

i presume you mean the addon called xbmc backup, if so go into addon settings and setup where you want to back up to. If your on windows the default save location is in the root of c: drive

Matt

btw 8GB is overkill for xbmc
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
I have 4 GB of RAM on my system, and it's over kill, I just checked, watching a 1080p movie and 3 GB is still unused.

Honestly, if I had another machine I could use one of the RAM sticks in, I would reduce the RAM to 2 GB.
Thanks to all of you. I guess I have an xtra 4gb stick now. Guess I'll have to build another XBMC box for it.

@ Matt,
Yes the back up plugin. I'm on XBMCbuntu but I can figure out where to put the file. thanks for the response.
HTPC
i3 2100
Asrock H67m itx
2x4 Gskill 1333
GT 430 gpu
Slim DVD drive

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC & 8 Gigs of ram?/ Back up? SOLVED0