Adding a Sports Streaming Site
Hello all devs, happy new year I'm looking to create some things for XBMC well really I want to create a add-on for this site that I discovered that streams all sports, now when some one clicks on a stream on the website it runs a couple adds that easily can be closed but have to click to get a full screen view...How do someone goes by doing this? If someone can PM me and maybe assist me with creating this add-on
check this
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=100031
might be what you are looking for, if the site is not in the list, it may be possible to add it
Thanks but thats not exactly what i'm looking for...The site has streams for most major sports and some other foreign sports and also options to watch live TV...I want to create a add-on or have some one assist with creating this addon, I'm a newbie to programming and xml...I have a small amount of experience with HTML...If some one could spend some time with me teaching me how to write this code I would greatly appreciate it
Curosity i'm also looking for a good site for streaming sports live. Could you post the site?
www.firstrowsports.eu
(2013-01-11, 20:24)Xblackbird Wrote: www.firstrowsports.eu
SportsDevil.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=100031
(2013-01-04, 01:12)Xblackbird Wrote: Hello all devs, happy new year I'm looking to create some things for XBMC well really I want to create a add-on for this site that I discovered that streams all sports, now when some one clicks on a stream on the website it runs a couple adds that easily can be closed but have to click to get a full screen view...How do someone goes by doing this? If someone can PM me and maybe assist me with creating this add-on

You didn't find anything that most xbmc and NaviX users don't already know about.
Chasing live streams to creaet an add-on for xbmc is very tiresome as those streams on the betting sites don't stay on. They are only on for "that game" that you are watching. Then when that game / match or whatever it is has ended the website closes that stream and it's gone. If you are lucky it might stay on for a day if theres lots of sports to stream.

To grab the stream you would need software that catches an RTMP stream address and then allows you to dump it into some sort of player on your own PC or whatever your using. the file is called an rtmpdump.
Besides watching the stream on your own player that info can be used to put into an add-on for xbmc.
However , as I mention above , its pointless because as quickly as you create the thing it will go off air on the stream.

It's all been done and tried before , Look on NaviX , find a live sports stream for sky sports , someone , if you are lucky will have put one on . It might work , but only for a short while , then it will stop working.
There are loads and loads of experts all have done the same thing in the past and now they know better as they have had the experience. Thats why , there are NO add-ons that will get you sky sports , if it were that easy those experts would have done it already , think about it !

Having said that , those same experts have created the best things that are available as of NOW , and I describe them below >>>>>

The way to get something reasonably reliable is to use xbmc , with sportsdevil , streamon , and supersports , all available as ADD-ONS . Once you have them installed , check them regular in xbmc for links ( on the day that THE sport you want to watch is on and just before the time it comes on ) . That is the most reliable was to watch sports from all over the world. FREE.
And, if you dont find a link in any of them ...... you always have that website to watch on.
ESPN , Eurosport and many others are almost always there on XBMC via those add-ons I mention above and they tend NOT to go off. If you see sky sports channels , then if you are lucky you might get a day or more out of them , but they will not last forever. Then , keep looking ( using the ADD-ONS ) and if you find them on again , they will give you a few more days etc etc.

Good luck
If you want something stable try x.sopcast, you will have channels that never change and in HD quality. The problem is that I thing that it only works on Linux, but i am not sure. Look info at that, and good luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding a Sports Streaming Site0