what do you use to organize your media?
what program or software do you guys use to organize & categorize your movies & tv shows?
im looking for something that can auto rename media files, create folders & sub folders for tv shows & series as well as find and delete duplicates.

any such program exist?

i used a similar program for my audio files called rinse that worked perfectly for my music collection.
I guess i do everything manually. I don't add to my movies or TV show often so its not too time consuming. I used to use Ember Media Manager to grab cover art and such, but now I use Media Elch.

Lately I've been using Sickbeard for my TV shows and theRenamer for movies.
I also do it manually, with HDDs that have a range of movies based on alphabetical order by name, along with certain groupings of sets, like the Dark Knight set, and Planet of the Apes movies in their own folders.
SickBeard handles TV shows and CouchPotato handles movies, unless I manually download them, then SABnzbd does it for me.

All three will update XBMC as well.
In my experience there is not one programme that does everything you want it to as your needs become more intricate.

In my case, I use a combination of Ember and Media Companion. Ember does the file/folder renaming well but is only for Movies, Media Companion also does TV shows and has a nice table editor which allows bulk editing of the genre fields.

At the end of the day I think the best procedure is to (a) create a small test folder with a few movies and TV shows in it (make sure these are copies not your original files, and then (b) download a few of the suggestions made here and try them to see if they work for you.
I've found that no one program serves all needs and I still do some stuff manually (clearlogos and clearart)

Movies & TV
Ember Media Manager (check DanCooper's sig)
theRenamer

TV Only
Media Companion (only for TV as it seems to overwrite the trailer URLs in my movie NFOs created in Ember, need to investigate that)
TVRename

Going to try MediaElch soon, last time I tried it had issues reading SMB paths.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
(2013-01-04, 14:08)zerocool_ie Wrote: Going to try MediaElch soon, last time I tried it had issues reading SMB paths.

Give it a try. I have it set to read off my Synology NAS and it works no problem.

TV shows:
TVrename

Movies:
Media Companion

Music:
CDTag

Backup/Syncing:
FreeFileSync
If any of these are missing from the Supplemental tools (wiki) pages on the Wiki, feel free to add them (or poke me if you need help adding them).
(2013-01-04, 16:25)BORIStheBLADE Wrote:
(2013-01-04, 14:08)zerocool_ie Wrote: Going to try MediaElch soon, last time I tried it had issues reading SMB paths.

Give it a try. I have it set to read off my Synology NAS and it works no problem.

Will do, thanks Boris
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Anyone know a Media organizer that uses the excisting .nfo file and you can edit/update it,
most of them don't use the excisting .nfo and make a new one resulting that i got like 2 or even more .nfo files in my movie folders.
this happens allot with blu-ray folder structure setups.

i tried EMM because it has a option to update only missing stuff but that one makes also new .nfo files and doesn't edit excisting .nfo files
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2013-01-05, 12:12)TRaSH Wrote: Anyone know a Media organizer that uses the excisting .nfo file and you can edit/update it,

MediaElch can do this.

Ver 1.3 has improved stability significantly over the previous releases.
downloading to test it.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Looks like I have some great programs to test out this weekend
Thank you guys!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what do you use to organize your media?0