what do you use to organize your media?
Does missing movie scanner work for TV shows too or is their a "missing TV show scanner" for that?

I have found that XBMC routinely skips over my TV show folders for one reason or another. It does not like day time talk shows. (I can't say that I blame it, but the wife keeps recording them...)
It doesn't seem to work on tv shows.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
</meta>browser - For all information, posters and actors.
SickBeard - For all TV Shows
SABnzbD - For Downloading
I mainly rip all my own bluray's rather than downloading them.
Movies:
1. Create a folder with the name of the movie (for example, Transformers, but it could be any name, as 1st transformer film)
2. In this folder, place the movie file (Transformers.mkv) and nfo file with the same name (Transformers.nfo, I just copy the scrapper link)
3. Sometimes I also place the fanart file (Transformers-fanart.jpg) and/or the artwork (Transformers.tbn)
4. Scrape the rest (info from filmaffinity, maybe artworks too)

TV shows:
1. Create folder for the show
2. Put the nfo file for the show (tvshow.nfo, literally, link to the tvdb). Sometimes also fanart and/or banner (fanart.jpg, banner.jpg)
3. Put episodes (ex. 2x12.mkv, 12x03 Episode name.avi, 5x01 - Episode name.avi, depends)
4. Scrape the rest (posters, episode thumbnail & info, show info, maybe banner and fanart)

Music:
1. Create folder for artist
2. Put folder.jpg (with artist thumbnail) and fanart.jpg, logo.png if it is available.
3. Every album has its own folder, under which the tracks are, with its folder.jpg (cover) and cdart.png (cd art)
4. Scrape the rest (artist biography, album info, sometimes coverart and fanart)
Missing Movie Scanner doesn't work for TV Shows. Does anyone know of a similar addon that does work for TV Shows?
No but I'd love that! My TV show library needs a lot of love.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Usually, i organize them easyly, the "teleplay", "Movie" and "Variety"
I use Filbot to clean up my TV shows and movies I record on my mythtv system. It renames them and organizes them for me. Nice and quickly and will ask when it doesn't get something.

I use ember to then get the info and images for the movies/tv episodes in the proper name/format.

Then I run a scan for new content.
i used to have a renamer for my tv shows on my old computer that died & i cant remember what it was called but it had a feature that let me rename with out opening the program, i would just right click on the file and a option would be in the contex menu to rename it. if any one knows what program it was i would be extremly gratefull
I have automated my system with a few programs running in sync with eachother because I dont like how Sickbeard and CouchPotato sorts files.

I've setup a folder called Media. In that folder I have two other folders. One called Downloading which in turn has two other folders inside it. DownTV and DownMOV. When Sickbeard downloads a file it uses uTorrent and initially downloads it to the DownTV folder. Couchpotato does the same but downloads the file in DownMOV folder using BitTorrent (more on why I use two different torrent programs later - it makes sense)

The other folder in the Media folder is called Completed which has two folders within it. One called Movies, the other TV. When uTorrent finishes downloading a TV show it moved the files from DownTV into the Completed/TV folder. When BitTorrent finishes it moved the file from the DownMOV to the Completed/Movie folder.

Whenever a file is created in either the Completed/Movie or Competed/TV folders, EventGhost notices the new files and launches TheRenamer which pulls the new files from their respective folder and properly renames the TV show or the Movie in the format I want it named in and then moves it to my NAS server, placing them in either the /Movies or /TV Shows folder respectively.

Why do I use two different Torrent programs (uTorrent & BitTorrent) you ask? Its because I havent found a torrent program that can tell the difference between a movie and a TV show. They both end up in the same folder. If I use one torrent program to download movies and tv shows, then TheRenamer paniks and nothing gets renamed or moved. Movies need to be kept separate from TV shows if its going to be automated. The system I use works great and only 1 in 10 or so media files requires my attention after its been downloaded. No NFO files, no Sample files, just the media files I actually need or want.

EventGhost has also been setup to inform XBMC to scan for new content after a tv show or movie has been moved to the NAS server (Once TheRenamer has been launched, EventGhost waits 10 minutes then informs XBMC to scan for new content). Its almost a 99% hands free system.
HTPC - i3-3240 Processor | Asus P8H77-I Mobo | 8 GB PC3 12800 DDR3 | 60 GB SSD | Windows 8.1 w/ XBMC Frodo
NAS Server - Dual Xeon E5440 Quad Core | 32 GB DDR2 ECC | 4 X 2TB Western Digital RED | RAIDz | FreeNAS
That is a great post. I think you could use one torrent program if it was rtorrent. It can have two watch folders (ie a folder where it watches for .torrent files to arrive, then starts them). Each watch folder can download to a different destination folder. From that point, the rest of your system works...

Do you do much seeding? I like to seed back, especially to private trackers. Moving and renaming stuff screws with that a bit, although symlinks can work and probably be automated.
(2013-04-11, 10:26)nickr Wrote: That is a great post. I think you could use one torrent program if it was rtorrent. It can have two watch folders (ie a folder where it watches for .torrent files to arrive, then starts them). Each watch folder can download to a different destination folder. From that point, the rest of your system works...

Do you do much seeding? I like to seed back, especially to private trackers. Moving and renaming stuff screws with that a bit, although symlinks can work and probably be automated.

I used a third folder called Torrents which included three sub folders. TorrTV TorrMOV and TorrTRASH but found them to be pointless as TPB uses magnets so there is no torrent file to download. 99% of the time, these folders aren't used. They are still in place, but are kind of redundant. uTorrent and BitTorrent are pretty much the exact same program. Same layout, menu's and built off the same core. They both have the ability to watch folders for torrrents and load those torrents when they appear in the folder but again, regardless of the program there is no way for them to tell the difference between a movie or TV show. If they had the ability to watch two folders for new torrents (Say a folder called TorrentMov and TorrentTV) and when done downloading throw the files into two separate folders (CompletedMOV and CompleteTV) based off the folder the torrent file was initially saved in then it could work. But right now this inst an option. And again, TPB doesn't use Torrent for most files. Just magnet links.

I do seed quite a bit and have queuing setup within uTorrent and BitTorrent to ensure seeding is stopped by the time the torrent is done downloading. My up link is rather fast (15 Mbps) so by the time its done downloading I've seeded close to 85 or 90%.
HTPC - i3-3240 Processor | Asus P8H77-I Mobo | 8 GB PC3 12800 DDR3 | 60 GB SSD | Windows 8.1 w/ XBMC Frodo
NAS Server - Dual Xeon E5440 Quad Core | 32 GB DDR2 ECC | 4 X 2TB Western Digital RED | RAIDz | FreeNAS
I use http://awesomebox.tv to organize my movies & tv shows.
It is web-based media center.
(2013-04-12, 05:46)hkwon Wrote: I use http://awesomebox.tv to organize my movies & tv shows.
And what does a web based media centre have to do with XBMC?
(2013-04-12, 06:55)nickr Wrote:
(2013-04-12, 05:46)hkwon Wrote: I use http://awesomebox.tv to organize my movies & tv shows.
And what does a web based media centre have to do with XBMC?

@nickr

This whole thread from its creation is not related to XBMC in any way (except its in a XBMC forum), the original question is pretty much open or did I miss something?

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what do you use to organize your media?0